Is Musharraf plotting his political comeback?February 25th, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Feb.25 (ANI): Former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf may have regularly denied reports that he is planning to re-enter the political by lanes of Islamabad, but it seems that he still nurtures dream of making a comeback to the political scene of the country.
Continuing his recent strings of meeting with several political leaders, Musharraf met Pakistan Muslim League-Functional (PML-F) Chief, Pir Pagara.
Sources said Musharraf and Pagara discussed the current political scenario, and a probable tie-up between the former allies in near future.
Musharraf also discussed about the proposed lawyers march, to which several parties including the Nawaz Sharif headed Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) have lent support.
It is believed that Musharraf is trying to send a message to Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani through Pagara, who is Gilanis close relative, The News reports.
However, Pagara has denied reports that his meeting with the former President had anything to do with politics.
Musharraf was just making a courtesy call to inquire about my health and nothing else, Pagara said. (ANI)
- What's in a name? Ask Musharraf and Pir Pagara! - Sep 21, 2010
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Gilani assures Musharraf of 'warm welcome' by Chief Justice on his return to Pak - Sep 14, 2010
- With 29 members, PML-N tops list of 105 'fake degree-holding Pak parliamentarians' - Dec 03, 2010
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
- Gilani meets Nawaz Sharif in London - Apr 09, 2011
- Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir Pagara - Sep 23, 2010
- Nawaz is senior, can criticise government: Gilani - Nov 14, 2010
- Musharraf involved in Benazir Bhutto's assassination, claims Zardari's dad - Feb 04, 2011
- PPP gives in to PML-N's charter of demands - Jan 10, 2011
- Corruption, lack of governance threaten Pakistan government - Sep 18, 2010
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Disquiet among Pakistani Hindus over kidnapped leader - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: allies, courtesy call, former president, general pervez musharraf, gilani, Health Science, islamabad, lawyers, lent, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pervez musharraf, pir pagara, pml n, political comeback, political leaders, political scenario, president general pervez musharraf, prime minister