IOA condoles death of fencing secretary generalJuly 5th, 2012 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Thursday condoled the sudden demise of Arun Vij, secretary general, Fencing Association of India (FAI).
IOA acting president Vijay Kumar Malhotra said he was shocked at Vij’s tragic death Saturday.
“Only last month I met him during the general body meeting of the IOA. He was full of energy and was devoted to the development of fencing in the country,” he said.
Vij died of a pancreas infection at Fortis Hospital in Mohali, Punjab.
- IOA reconstitutes Ethics Committee - Jan 04, 2012
- Bhanot attends first IOA meeting after release from jail - Jun 13, 2012
- IOC-OCA observers not acceptable to IOA: Malhotra - Sep 13, 2012
- Malhotra hails Randhir's ANOC nomination - Apr 23, 2012
- Kalmadi and Malhotra attack Maken, minister retaliates (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2012
- Malhotra calls Executive Board meeting to discuss IOC's missives - Jan 23, 2012
- Indian wrestling lost a mentor, says IOA chief - Jul 12, 2012
- Kalmadi in no mood to resign as IOA president - Jan 20, 2012
- IOA rejects revised sports bill - Oct 18, 2011
- IOA, NSFs meet PM over controversial sports bill - Jun 14, 2011
- IOA welcomes Tendulkar's nomination to Rajya Sabha - Apr 27, 2012
- Malhotra officiating IOA president in Kalmadi's absence - Apr 26, 2011
- IOA didn't discuss boycott of Olympic ceremonies: Malhotra - Mar 02, 2012
- IOA asks for government clearance to host South Asian Games - Jun 13, 2012
- Kalmadi has not been removed: Malhotra - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: acting president, arun, fencing association, fortis, India, indian olympic association, New Delhi, pancreas, pancreas infection, punjab, secretary general, sudden demise, tragic death, vij, vijay kumar, vijay kumar malhotra