Install Vishindass statue at Karachi Municipal Building : Omer SoomroMarch 22nd, 2009 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Mar.22 (ANI): Noted Pakistan lawyer Omer Soomro has asked the district administration to re-erect the statue of Harchandrai Vishindas at the Municipal Building here.
Soomroo, in his letter to the Karachi city Nazim Mustafa Kamal said that the statue of Vishindas must be relocated to its rightful and original place.
Vishindass statue was earlier removed from the Karachi Municipal Building, however, it was later restored and kept at the Mohatta Palace Museum.
Harchandrai Vishindas is considered as the father of modern Karachi. He was the president of the Karachi municipal corporation from 1911 to 1921.
Vishindas transformed Karachi from a village to a mega city. He not only helped the city grow materially but also worked for its social and political development, The News qouted writer of the book Harchandrai Father of Modern Karachi, Khadim Hussain Soomro, as saying. (ANI)
- Proposal to relocate parliament shot down - Aug 10, 2012
- Gandhi looking for pedestal in French heritage town - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Contemporary art in Pakistan not here to stay' - Nov 02, 2010
- Statue Of President Barack Obama Removed From Jakarta Park - Feb 16, 2010
- FIR lodged against former Nazim for forcibly converting Hindu girl to Islam in Pak - Sep 15, 2010
- Patna to get tallest Gandhi statue on October 2 - Aug 05, 2012
- Mumbai media delegation invited to Pakistan - Nov 11, 2011
- Pak Hindus feel vindicated after Govt. asks NAPA to vacate Hindu Gymkhana building - Jun 26, 2009
- Karachi hotels owe Rs.150 mn to government - Jun 10, 2011
- First in South Asia, a dolphin show in Pakistan - Aug 13, 2012
- Omar asks uncle not to drag him into controversy - Nov 22, 2011
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Shiv Sena activists protest over removal of Konddev's statue in Pune - Dec 27, 2010
- Karachi building collapse toll rises to 16 - Aug 06, 2011
- Stern action being taken in Karachi: Gilani - Aug 26, 2011