Influential Pak politicians helping Taliban carry out terror strikes, claims terror suspectNovember 17th, 2010 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Nov 17 (ANI): Some influential Pakistani politicians have been patronising the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a terror suspect has revealed during his interrogation.
Mohammad Rafique, an alleged terrorist, who was caught by the Islamabad Police following a foiled terror strike at the CIA Centre in Sector I-9/4, made some startling revelations during the course of investigations, The News reported.
He disclosed that these politicians, some of whom were very important and influential, were compelled to help the Pakistan Taliban either because they were quite vulnerable because of their links with the terrorist-infested Tribal Areas or they were made to believe by the TTP that they or their families could suffer, no matter where they are in Pakistan.
According to sources privy to the interrogations, the alleged terrorist has been cooperating and dishing out information while answering the questions put to him.
“This piece of information that some of the important and influential politicians are practically helping the TTP to carry out terror strikes in the country, whether because of their sympathies or under some sort of duress is quite startling,” the investigators said.
Rafique said that the Orakzai Agency is ‘hot’ these days, from where these terrorist outfits and the TTP are feeling comfortable to operate, the investigators told the newspaper.
“He told us that these days Amjad, Yasin and Jamal Shah (names might have been changed) are located in the Orakzai Agency and they are preparing and dispatching the explosive laden vehicles to be used in the terror activities all over the country,” the sources privy to the investigations said, adding that three persons- natives of Orakzai Agency- were training and preparing suicide bombers using intoxication and other techniques. (ANI)
- 'Barbaric' Taliban publicly flog men for "taking drugs" against their diktat in Pak - Nov 01, 2010
- Terror attack at CIA office in Pak foiled - Nov 16, 2010
- 25-30 bullet wounds found on assassinated Pak minister's body - Mar 03, 2011
- Pakistan military prepares to launch offensive in Orakzai Agency - Jan 13, 2010
- Canada blacklists Pakistan Taliban - Jul 06, 2011
- Shoot-at-sight orders in Karachi, toll reaches 85 - Aug 06, 2010
- TTP avenged Qari Zafar's death through SIA bomb attack - Mar 09, 2010
- Pakistan mosque blast toll reaches 36 - Feb 18, 2012
- Sikhs in Pakistan seek compensation for terror losses - Feb 07, 2011
- Failed Times Square bomber was 26/11 mastermind's childhood friend: Officials - May 07, 2010
- Anti-Taliban leader killed in Pakistan car bombing - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Pak must acknowledge terrorism is "home grown", not Indian, Jewish or US conspiracy' - Nov 12, 2010
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- Pak intelligence, top cops see "foreign hand" behind Lahore, Karachi suicide attacks - Jan 26, 2011
- 13 die in drone strike in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: duress, interrogation, interrogations, intoxication, investigators, jamal shah, mohammad rafique, natives, politicians, startling revelations, suicide bombers, sympathies, taliban, terror activities, terror strikes, terrorist outfits, three persons, tribal areas, ttp, yasin