Indo-Nepal boundary map being finalisedJune 9th, 2009 - 8:02 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, June 9 (ANI): Indian Ambassador to Nepal Rakesh Sood said on Tuesday that a joint committee is working towards finalisation of a boundary map between India and Nepal to resolve the border issue that has long been in contention.
“The technical-level committee is working towards finalisation of the map,” Rakesh Sood said.
The joint committee, headed by Surveyor General of India and Director General of Nepal’s Department of Survey, has been working in a coordinated manner towards demarcating and managing the border.
Sood also emphasized that nearly 98 per cent of the border between Nepal and India has been demarcated.
The decision is being taken up as Nepal has been accusing India of encroachment along the Indo-Nepal border.
Earlier on June 8, Rakesh Sood had a meeting with Nepalese Foreign Secretary Gyan Chandra Acharya. “We are waiting for Nepal Government’s nod to sign the boundary map. We have been waiting for over a year to sign the agreement,” Sood had said after his meeting with Nepalese Foreign Secretary. (ANI)
- India, Bangladesh sign maps, settle boundary row (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Mukherjee asks Nepal to hasten setting-up of check posts - Oct 22, 2011
- Security remains India's prime concern in Nepal - Apr 21, 2011
- Krishna renews India's commitment to provide all assistance to Nepal - Apr 21, 2011
- Rakesh Sood India's new envoy to France - Jul 29, 2011
- Three more SSB battalions to to be deployed on Nepal border - Aug 30, 2011
- Nepal trade unions warn of fresh strikes - Jul 20, 2011
- India, Bangladesh to constructively resolve differences over land boundary demarcation - Nov 11, 2010
- India, China to hold boundary talks Monday (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- India, Bangladesh set to seal enclaves deal - Aug 30, 2011
- India, Bangladesh deal will bring prosperity: Meghalaya CM - Sep 09, 2011
- Maoists keen to improve ties with India, Prachanda tells Krishna - Apr 22, 2011
- Nepal, India sign MoUs under SAARC cooperation - Jun 09, 2009
- Maoists deny anti-India activities, raise counter-charges (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Nepal vows to address India's security concerns - Apr 22, 2011