‘Indians’ hack Pakistan government websiteMarch 30th, 2012 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 30 (IANS) A section of Pakistan’s Federal Tax Ombudsman (FTO) website was hacked Friday, with a media report describing this as the handiwork of ‘Indians”.
The site — www.fto.gov.pk/ — is described as a critical component of the Pakistani government’s strategy to strengthen complaint filing and decision support system for aggrieved taxpayers.
The website’s hacked “About FTO” section displaying photographs of Indian freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru, with “Hindustan Jindabad” and “Jai Hind” written on the page instead of “Pakistan Zindabad”.
The website provides information on the legal and procedural framework, organisational and administrative set-up of the FTO Secretariat. It also provides the address of FTO Secretariat in Islamabad and its regional offices.
- Pakistan hackers wage 'cyber war' on Indian sites - Dec 04, 2010
- No more delay in Lokapl acceptable, says Anna - Dec 18, 2011
- Parallel Pakistani education website baffles officials - Apr 26, 2011
- Tucked away in library, a slice of freedom struggle - Mar 24, 2011
- Congress apology sought for naming martyrs' castes in Sandesh - Apr 12, 2011
- CBI website hacked by 'Pakistani Cyber Army' (Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- CBI registers case for defacement of its website (Second Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- Anna to tour India, warns of more struggles (Lead) - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistan president's website hacking case adjourned - Apr 14, 2011
- Parliament remembers martyrs Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Chandra Shekhar Azad remembered on his 105th birth anniversary - Jul 23, 2010
- CBI website hacked by 'Pakistani Cyber Army' - Dec 04, 2010
- Pakistan launches website to promote history - Aug 15, 2011
- After Facebook, Pakistan blocks YouTube - May 20, 2010
- NIA website taken down to tighten anti-hacking security - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: bhagat singh, critical component, decision support system, federal tax, government website, handiwork, hindustan, indian freedom fighters, indians, islamabad, jai, ombudsman, pakistan government, pakistan zindabad, pakistani government, procedural framework, rajguru, regional offices, secretariat, sukhdev