Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead)September 29th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 29 (IANS) The Indian Army has lodged a strong protest with the Pakistani Army over the latter’s latest bout of unprovoked firing from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district Tuesday night, terming it as an act aimed at escalating tensions on the border.
Army sources said two soldiers were injured in Pakistani firing, which started late Tuesday night and continued till Wednesday morning.
Pakistani troops fired mortar shells and rockets at the Indian posts of Kripan, Kranti, Roza, Battal and other posts along the LoC in Krishna Ghati and Jhallas areas of Poonch, 240 km north of Jammu.
The Indian side too retaliated to this “unprovoked firing”, according to the army sources.
The Indian Army suspected that the Pakistani Army was seeking to push in militants from across the LoC into the Indian side. But the army sources claimed that the attempt was foiled by the vigilant soldiers.
Meanwhile, the local commanders held a flag meeting at a forward post in Poonch. The Indian side conveyed in strong terms that the repeated violation of ceasefire and firing from across the LoC were causing tensions.
Pakistani side denied, but the Indian commander insisted that Pakistan should accept the truth and desist from such acts, the sources said.
- Pakistan Army rockets Indian posts in Kashmir: army - Sep 29, 2010
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- All quiet at LoC, day after six-hour firing - May 24, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistan violate ceasefire again, fire at Indian posts in Poonch - Sep 29, 2010
- BSF trooper injured in firing on LoC - May 02, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops target Indian border posts - Jan 05, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets three Indian posts on LoC (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: army sources, battal, ceasefire, forward post, ghati, indian army, kranti, krishna, loc, militants, mortar shells, pakistani army, pakistani troops, poonch, protest, rockets, tensions, tuesday night, two soldiers, wednesday morning