Indian Army Chief’s statement on Pak ‘jingoistic & unwise’: Pak FOOctober 17th, 2010 - 12:20 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Oct 17 (ANI): Pakistan has taken serious notice of a recent statement given by the Indian Army Chief about his ‘threat perception’ from the neighbouring nation, and has called it irresponsible, jingoistic and unwise.
“The Government of Pakistan takes serious exception to the reported statement of the Indian Army Chief about his threat perception from Pakistan, war under a nuclear scenario and uncalled for and gratuitous comments on the internal affairs of Pakistan,” The Nation quoted Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson, as saying.
The Foreign Office said that the repetitive mentioning about ‘war under the nuclear scenario’ by the Indian High Command was not only irresponsible but also jingoistic and unwise.
“Such statements and grandstanding by India are evidently unhelpful to the cause of promoting peace, security and stability in South Asia,” said the statement.
The spokesperson further said that Pakistan remains committed to a purposeful and result-oriented dialogue with India on all outstanding issues, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir, and that such irresponsible statements were aimed at damaging the efforts leading to establish peace and stability in the region.
Earlier, during a seminar organised by the Indian Army’s think-tank on emerging roles and tasks of the Indian Army, Indian Army Chief V.K. Singh had called Pakistan and China “irritants” for his country.
Outlining distinctions in threat on two fronts, he reportedly said that if Pakistan’s internal turmoil was a cause of serious concern, the growing military might of China had direct ramifications for India.
Most importantly, VK Singh ruled out conventional war with China or Pakistan, saying that there were always chances of ’skirmishes,’ as he made a strong case of building conventional capability in a nuclear scenario as both the neighbours had an active atomic programme. (ANI)
- Pakistan, China two irritants for India: Army chief (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Pakistan reacts angrily to Indian army chief's statement - Oct 16, 2010
- Pakistan, China two irritants for India: Army chief (Second Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Pakistan, China irritants for India: Army chief - Oct 15, 2010
- 'India can respond to any misadventure by Pakistan' - May 16, 2012
- Nuclear weapons not for war: Indian Army chief - Jan 15, 2012
- Indian army chief's comment on two-front war irresponsible: Qureshi - Jan 04, 2010
- BJP wants government to review China policy - Oct 06, 2011
- Indian army chief's statement on two-front war jingoistic: Pakistan - Dec 31, 2009
- Indian Army chief draws flak in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 04, 2010
- Government sets up panel to review security preparedness - Jul 11, 2011
- Gen Bikram Singh is Indian Army chief - May 31, 2012
- N-security, proliferation serious threats around India: PM - Oct 11, 2011
- China denies Indian border incursion - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-Q asks Pak govt to take up Indian Army Chief's 'provocative' remarks with UN - Jan 05, 2010
Tags: army chief, conventional war, core issue, foreign office, government of pakistan, indian army, internal affairs, internal turmoil, irresponsible statements, irritants, islamabad, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, peace and stability, promoting peace, ramifications, skirmishes, South Asia, threat perception, vk