India win toss, ask Sri Lanka to batAugust 20th, 2008 - 11:40 am ICT by IANS
Dambulla, Aug 20 (IANS) Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the toss and elected to field in the second One-Day International against Sri Lanka here at the Rangiri Dambulla International Cricket Stadium Wednesday. The Indians, who suffered a severe blow when Virender Sehwag had to pull out of the series with an ankle injury ahead of the first ODI, had more bad news when opener Gautam Gambhir was ruled out with a stiff neck.
Tamil Nadu captain S. Badrinath will make his debut in place of Gambhir. The Indians also dropped left arm spinner Praghyan Ojha and brought in seamer Praveen Kumar.
The Sri Lankans had to rest Chaminda Vaas, who had pulled his right hamstring. He was the only change from their line up that won the first ODI by eight wickets and was replaced by Dilhara Fernando.
Mahela Jayawardene (Captain), Kumar Sangakkara, Sanath Jayasuriya, Chamara Silva, Chamara Kapugedara, Tillekeratne Dilshan, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Thilina Tushara Mirando and Nuwan Kulasekara.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), S. Badrinath, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar.
Umpires: Billy Doctrove (WI) and Gamini Silva (SL)
Third Umpire: T.H. Wijewardene (SL)
Match Referee: Chris Broad (Eng)
- India bat first after Dhoni wins toss - Aug 24, 2008
- Sri Lanka elect to bat in fifth ODI against India - Aug 29, 2008
- India bat first in fourth ODI against Sri Lanka - Aug 27, 2008
- India to rest Zaheer and Harbhajan for final match - Aug 28, 2008
- Sri Lanka elect to bat against India - Aug 16, 2010
- India elect to bat against Sri Lanka - Aug 22, 2010
- Sri Lanka opt to bat against India - Aug 28, 2010
- Will India clinch ODI series agaist Sri Lanka? (Preview) - Aug 25, 2008
- Grappling with injuries, India to take on Sri Lanka - Aug 15, 2010
- Scoreboard: India vs Sri Lanka, Tri-nation ODI - Aug 17, 2010
- India-Sri Lanka ODI series from tomorrow - Aug 17, 2008
- India skittles Sri Lanka for 142 in Dambulla ODI - Aug 20, 2008
- Gambhir's return to boost India in third ODI (Preview) - Aug 23, 2008
- India looking to avenge Tests loss against Sri Lanka - Aug 17, 2008
- India elect to bat in Asia Cup final - Jun 24, 2010