India to sign MoU with Mauritius in social defence sectorApril 11th, 2008 - 4:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 11 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today gave its ex post facto approval for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Mauritius in the field of social defence.
The MoU for cooperation in the field of social defence, including welfare of elders, programmes of drug demand reduction and disabilities, was entered into by the Government of India with the Government of Republic of Mauritius on November 3, 2007.
The MoU was signed by the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment and the Minister of Social Security, National Solidarity and Senior Citizens Welfare and Reform Institutions of Mauritius.
The salient features of the MoU are to arrange various schemes and programmes in social defence, to conduct training programmes in drug abuse prevention such as certificate courses, specialised skill based courses on counselling, motivation and de-addiction, rehabilitation, relapse prevention and minimum standards of care.
Organising training programmes in care and protection of children in difficult circumstances including children, child beggars, children affected and afflicted by drug abuse and HIV and AIDs and community development is also one of its feature.
Other features are to organise training programmes in old age care viz. certificate/diploma courses in geriatric care, specialised skill building programmes in geriatric, geriatric counselling and basic issues in geriatric care; to conduct training programmes in human resource development viz., teachers and caregivers in inclusive education, special education, home based education, care services for disabled and senior citizens.
Granting fellowships for training and attachment of scholars, caregivers, service providers from Mauritius for training in prevention, detection, rehabilitation, vocational training, assessment, fitting and production of assertive devices for all types of disabilities and also for the attachment of scholars, care-givers, service providers from Mauritius for training in old age, child care and protection and drug abuse prevention are also included in the list.
Pooling in resources for preparation of modules and manuals for training in the areas of disability and social defence including welfare of older persons, care and protection of children in difficult circumstances and drug abuse prevention is another feature of the MoU.
Facilitating exchange of officers and experts between the two governments in various fields of social defence and disability; Holding of joint workshops, seminars and symposia on human resource and programme development, curricula and modules, and documentation; Sharing of information and experience on best practices and mutual use of database between the two Governments are also salient features.
Other features include undertaking documentation of information in the field of social defence and disability for ensuring data support for intervention planning; Commissioning of joint research projects in the field of disability and social defence to widen the scope of understanding and provide evidence based inputs for policy development and planning; and promoting networks and fora of civil society in the field of social defence and disability. (ANI)
- Healthcare programme for elderly approved - Feb 22, 2011
- Afghanistan to get Indian help in upholding human rights (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- India, Rwanda to cooperate in health care - Nov 12, 2010
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- NHRC to support Afghanistan rights efforts - May 06, 2011
- Andhra prisoners to grow herbs for Himalaya Drugs - Jul 24, 2012
- India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resources - Mar 15, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- India, Afghanistan sign MoU on labour cooperation - Jun 16, 2010
- Government approves social defence agreement with Mauritius - Apr 11, 2008
- Amity Signs MoU with MOEF on Animal Welfare - Dec 10, 2009
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- Apollo Hospitals sign MoU with University College of London - May 21, 2011
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- India to sign four more agreements with Mauritius - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: addiction rehabilitation, certificate diploma, child beggars, defence sector, diploma courses, drug abuse prevention, education care, education special education, geriatric care, hiv and aids, home based education, human resource development, memorandum of understanding, national solidarity, reform institutions, republic of mauritius, senior citizens, social defence, types of disabilities, union cabinet