India to host Afghanistan investment summitJune 25th, 2012 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) India will Thursday host an investment summit focusing on Afghanistan, aiming to attract foreign investment into the war-ravaged nation, a statement said.
The summit, organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with support from the governments of India and Afghanistan, comes in the light of new opportunities opening up in various sectors in neighbouring country, according to the Indian ministry of external affairs (MEA).
The summit will include presentations by Afghanistan government and others on the investment climate and opportunities there, apart from panel discussions on cross-cutting issues as well as sector specific themes.
Potential regional and international investors, including companies from India, will participate in the event.
The ‘Delhi Investment Summit on Afghanistan’ is being organised in line with India’s long-term commitment to assisting the people and government of Afghanistan as they build a peaceful, pluralistic, democratic and prosperous Afghanistan, the MEA release said.
- India's Afghan conclave draws in Pakistani, Chinese firms - Jun 26, 2012
- Afghanistan woos Indian investors assuring high returns (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- India pushes Afghanistan's economic rejuvination (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- India bats for investments in Afghanistan (Factfile) (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Partnership Summit to accrue investments for Andhra Pradesh - Jan 09, 2012
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- Zimbabwe invites Indian investment in infrastructure, mining - Mar 18, 2012
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India show in Ethiopia - May 18, 2011
- CII Kerala to play proactive role in state's growth - May 04, 2012
- India-Africa conclave to discuss projects worth $30 billion - Mar 11, 2012
- Iraq keen to import rice, wheat from India - Feb 28, 2012
- Pranab to address US-India economic summit Monday - Jun 26, 2011
- Shed fear, invest in Afghan opportunity: India (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Anand Sharma to lead business team to Afghanistan - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: afghanistan government, cii, confederation of indian industry, cross cutting issues, foreign investment, government of afghanistan, governments, India, indian ministry, international investors, investment climate, investment summit, ministry of external affairs, New Delhi, new opportunities, panel discussions, sectors, term commitment