India should focus on positivity: GilaniMay 4th, 2011 - 7:48 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad/Paris, May 4(ANI): Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has urged India to focus on positivity to further the dialogue process with Pakistan.
According to The Nation, Gilani said the meeting between Home Ministers of India and Pakistan at Islamabad would help both counter the threat of extremism. His statement came in the wake of the Indian External Affairs’ Ministry’s statement that Pakistan should capture the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
He said the death of Osama Bin Laden should be seen as an opportunity for political reconciliation. He laid stress on the need for greater information sharing among the countries and reiterated that Pakistan would not allow its soil to be used for perpetrating terrorism.
Though he admitted that he aimed to attract investment in energy and defence sectors of Pakistan, he eluded the question of a civil nuclear deal with France.
On the issue of elections, he said he aimed for free, fair and transparent elections and that his party has worked hard to provide relief to the people.
He hoped his visit to France would be crucial in addressing trade concerns. He also revealed that Pakistan was looking forward to entering EU markets with French support. (ANI)
- No need to bypass Pakistan, says Gilani on Osama raid - May 07, 2011
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- France not to sell heavy military hardware to Pakistan (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- France puts sale of heavy military hardware to Pakistan on hold - May 27, 2011
- Pakistan to make Osama inquiry report public - Dec 09, 2011
- No apology for raid to kill Osama: US to Pakistan - May 10, 2011
- Gilani criticised over Laden comment - Dec 25, 2011
- Unilateral acts not acceptable, Gilani on Osama killing - May 30, 2011
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- It will take time to better ties with US: Gilani - Sep 01, 2011
- Osama raid: US had warned Pakistan of unilateral action - May 09, 2011
- Pakistan elections to be held in 2013: Gilani - Nov 25, 2011
- Pakistanis shocked over Osama death, angry at US - May 02, 2011
- 'Spectre of army, government clash haunts Pakistan' - Dec 23, 2011
- Osama killing shows Pakistan epicentre of terror: BJP (Lead) - May 02, 2011
Tags: defence sectors, dialogue, external affairs ministry, french support, gilani, india and pakistan, ministers of india, nuclear deal, osama bin laden, paris, perpetrators, political reconciliation, prime minister, soil, stress, terrorism, trade concerns, transparent elections