India releases 14 Pakistani prisonersJune 28th, 2011 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, June 28 (IANS) Fourteen Pakistanis walked home to freedom from the Attari border here Tuesday, after being released from prisons in four states.
They included 10 Pakistani fishermen who had strayed into Indian waters off the coast of Gujarat, said officials at the border checkpost, about 30 km from here.
They were brought here from jails in Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab and Maharashtra.
All the Pakistanis were given emergency travel certificates by the Pakistan high commission in New Delhi.
The Pakistanis said they were happy to return home after being jailed in India for the last few months.
- India frees 14 Pakistani prisoners (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Surjeet freed, to come home via Wagah (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 28, 2012
- India repatriates 91 Pakistanis - Jul 26, 2011
- Surjeet is home, after 30 years in Pakistan prison (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Pakistan releases 17 Indian prisoners at Attari border - Jun 23, 2010
- Pakistan releases 18 Indian fishermen - May 23, 2012
- Surjeet home after 30 years, says he was a spy (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- 89 Indian prisoners released from Pakistan reach home - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian prisoner back from Pakistan jail after 27 years (Roundup) - Apr 08, 2011
- 378 Pakistanis in Indian jails - Aug 09, 2011
- India releases 19 Pakistani fishermen - Jun 01, 2010
- Indian prisoner returns from Pakistan after 27 years (Lead, Changing dateline) - Apr 07, 2011
- Surjeet met by children, to meet wife later - Jun 28, 2012
- 100 released Indian fishermen reach home - Sep 01, 2010
- Surjeet appeals for release of prisoners on both sides - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,