India-Pakistan soldiers’ NGO holds peace forum in MumbaiMay 10th, 2008 - 7:19 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 10 (IANS) The Indo-Pak Soldiers Initiative for Peace (IPSI), a NGO formed by retired soldiers of Indian and Pakistani armies, started a three-day peace forum here Saturday. According to IPSI vice-president Tej Kaul, the aim of the peace forum is “to promote peace and harmony between two nations”.
Congress MP from Mumbai Priya Dutt, former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah and several present and former ministers would participate in the forum, Kaul said.
Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah will address the gathering and participate in the conference.
As part of the initiative, there will be a march Saturday evening from Chowpatty Beach in south Mumbai to Mani Bhavan, around two kilometres away. Mani Bhavan holds memorabilia of Mahatma Gandhi.
From Sunday, there will be several seminars based on current topics like globalisation and peace keeping, Kaul added.
- 'Media in India, Pakistan should not use hate language' - May 22, 2012
- Family regrets auction of soil with Mahatma's blood - Apr 03, 2012
- Gandhi and King - Obama's tryst with two heroes in Mani Bhavan - Nov 03, 2010
- Obama gifts King memorial stone piece to Rajghat - Nov 08, 2010
- Gandhi's light continues to inspire, says Obama; gifts King memorabilia - Nov 08, 2010
- India, Bangladesh cross-border trade looking up - Dec 02, 2010
- Indo-Pak women's tennis series proposed - Apr 17, 2011
- Jamia Millia Islamia to flag off cycle rally - Feb 26, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets Bhupen Hazarika's son in Guwahati - Nov 09, 2011
- Dialogue must for peaceful solution of Kashmir: Farooq Abdullah - Jan 05, 2011
- Celeb quotient high at Mumbai Marathon's 'Dream Run' - Jan 16, 2011
- After Obamas visit, Mani Bhavan expects tourism boost - Nov 07, 2010
- Sanjay Dutt Throws Birthday Bash For Owen, Patches Up With Sisters - Sep 15, 2010
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Congress marks 'Quit India' movement's 70th anniversary - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: chief minister, globalisation, india pakistan, indo, jammu, kashmir, kaul, kilometres, mahatma gandhi, memorabilia, naseeruddin shah, ngo, pak soldiers, peace and harmony, peace forum, priya dutt, saturday evening, south mumbai, tej, veteran actor