India, Pakistan foreign secretaries to meetJune 16th, 2009 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
By Manish Chand
Yekaterinburg, June 16 (IANS) Foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan will meet in the next few weeks and review Islamabad’s actions against terrorism before taking a decision on resuming their “composite dialogue”, it was decided during talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Asif Ali Zardari here Tuesday.
The two leaders agreed to a meeting between their foreign secretaries to discuss the “primary issue” of terrorism and report to them before the Non Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in the Egyptian town of Sharm-al-Sheikh in mid-July, officials said.
Manmohan Singh and Zardari are also expected to meet again on the sidelines of the NAM summit.
During the wide ranging talks between Manmohan Singh and Zardari, India conveyed a clear message that the issue of terrorism will have to be addressed head on before structured dialogue resumes.
- India, Pakistan foreign secretaries to meet in a month (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan-Gilani chemistry: From Sharm el-Sheikh to Addu via Thimphu - Nov 10, 2011
- Egypt, Bhutan, Mohali... Changing scenarios as PM, Gilani meet again - Mar 30, 2011
- Post 26/11, a chronicle of India-Pakistan meetings - Apr 08, 2012
- Chronology of India-Pakistan meetings since 26/11 - May 11, 2010
- Two years after 26/11, India, Pakistan to resume dialogue on all issues (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- India wants good relations with Pakistan: Krishna - Apr 29, 2010
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Manmohan to meet Gilani, but no dates yet - Jul 09, 2009
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Paris - Jul 13, 2009
- India revives NAM tune amid Iranian PR hoopla - Sep 06, 2012
- India revives NAM tune amid Iranian PR hoopla (Lead, correcting para eight) - Sep 06, 2012
- India-Pakistan thaw in the Russian summer (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2009
- Pakistani, Indian foreign secretaries to meet on G8 sidelines? - Jun 23, 2009
- Manmohan, Gilani begin meeting in Thimphu - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, chand, composite dialogue, egyptian town, india and pakistan, india pakistan, manmohan, manmohan singh, nam summit, non aligned movement, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, secretaries, sharm al sheikh, sidelines, terrorism