India, Pakistan experts to meet over nuclear CBMsJuly 5th, 2012 - 1:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) India and Pakistan have decided to hold meetings of experts on nuclear and conventional confidence building measures.
The ongoing implementation of the already adopted nuclear and conventional confidence building measures (CBMS) were reviewed in the two-day talks between Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani, said a joint statement.
“It was decided that separate meetings of the Expert Level Groups on Nuclear and Conventional CBMs will be held to discuss implementation and strengthening of the existing CBMs and suggest additional mutually acceptable steps that could build greater trust and confidence between the two countries, thereby contributing to peace and security,” the statement added.
The dates for the meetings of expert level groups will be determined through diplomatic channels, it said.
India and Pakistan are both nuclear-armed countries.
- Pakistan to continue support to Kashmir cause: Ashraf (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Pakistan to continue support to Kashmir cause: PM - Jul 06, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Separatists push Pakistan on Kashmir, divided on dialogue (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan, India discuss cricketing ties - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- Geelani asks Pakistan to press India on Kashmir issue - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Krishna in Pakistan, will share concerns on terror - Sep 07, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes hard for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: abbas, cbms, confidence building, counterpart, diplomatic channels, expert level, implementation, india and pakistan, india pakistan, jilani, level groups, mathai, New Delhi, nuclear armed countries, peace, ranjan