India, Pakistan begin talks, focus on Abu JindalJuly 4th, 2012 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Amid new disclosures on 26/11 plotter Abu Jindal’s links with Pakistani terrorists and state actors, the foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan Wednesday began two-day talks that will focus on peace and security and Jammu and Kashmir.
The Indian delegation is being led by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and comprises, among others, Y.K. Sinha, joint secretary in charge of Pakistan in the external affairs ministry, and Syed Akbaruddin, the ministry’s spokesperson.
The Pakistani delegation is led by Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and comprises senior officials of Pakistan’s foreign office.
The agenda of the foreign secretary talks had been fixed well in advance but terrorism is set to become the main focus in the wake of the disclosures made by Abu Jindal, an Indian 26/11 plotter with suspected links to Pakistani militants and Pakistani state actors.
At the talks, India is expected to share a dossier on Abu Jindal, including a copy of his passport and identity card, said informed sources.
- India, Pakistan hold talks, focus on Jindal disclosures (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan reverts to Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan to pitch Kashmir (Roundup) - Jul 03, 2012
- No dossier for Pakistan on Abu Jindal: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistani foreign secretary arrives for talks - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Krishna meets Khar, discusses terror - Jul 08, 2012
- Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India has told Pakistan of outcome of 26/11 probe: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
- 26/11 ghosts cast shadow on India-Pakistan talks - Jul 02, 2012
- Path ahead not easy for India-Pakistan talks: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,