India-Pakistan areas of discordJuly 16th, 2010 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
By M.R. Narayan Swamy
Islamabad, July 16 (IANS) The main stumbling blocks in India-Pakistan dialogue:
Kashmir: India says the happenings in Jammu and Kashmir are its own business. Pakistan disagrees, and says it concerns Islamabad too.
Mumbai attack: India seeks a timeframe to try the Pakistani accused. Pakistan says no timeframe is possible, that the Pakistani judiciary is independent and cannot be dictated.
Balochistan: India says produce evidence to back allegations that New Delhi supports insurgents in the huge Pakistani province. Pakistan reiterates its known stand.
Hafiz Saeed: New Delhi says that the Mumbai mastermind and Lashkar-e-Taiba founder’s fulminations against India will not help improve ties. Pakistan says the same is true for Indian Home Secretary G.K. Pillai’s accusations against the Pakistani intelligence vis-Ã -vis Mumbai on the eve of S.M. Krishna’s visit.
Dialogue: Pakistani officials say their Indian counterparts were intransigent and inflexible on issues concern Pakistan. Indians argue that Pakistanis kept shifting goalposts.
But both India and Pakistan agree to meet again - and keep talking.
- Kashmir, Balochistan cast a shadow on India-Pakistan talks (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2010
- Factors behind the India-Pakistan logjam (Comment) - Jul 17, 2010
- Pakistan media blame India for deadlock in talks - Jul 16, 2010
- No breakthrough but India and Pakistan will keep talking - Jul 16, 2010
- India, Pakistan walk the tired road to peace (Comment) - Jul 21, 2010
- Expect no big outcome from India-Pakistan PM's meet: Experts - Mar 29, 2011
- India-Pakistan war of words hots up (Evening Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Qureshi"s comment on Pillai is only going to exasperate sentiments: Gul - Jul 17, 2010
- India-Pakistan talks tripped by Kashmir, Balochistan (Fourth Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- India responds to Pakistan's 26/11 dossiers, talks on June 24 (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- India-Pakistan talks: Terror, Kashmir on table - Jun 20, 2010
- Congress slams Qureshi's comment as 'uncalled for' (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Zardari to invite Manmohan to Pakistan, all issues on table - Apr 07, 2012
- No question of making a comparison between Hafiz Saeed and Pillai: Krishna - Jul 16, 2010
- India, Pakistan to stay engaged, terror biggest obstacle (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: business pakistan, discord, goalposts, hafiz, home secretary, india and pakistan, india pakistan, indian counterparts, islamabad, issues concern, jammu, kashmir india, lashkar e taiba, m r narayan swamy, narayan, pakistani officials, pakistani province, pakistanis, pillai, saeed