India not serious on composite dialogue, alleges PakistanOctober 28th, 2010 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
By Awais Saleem
Islamabad, Oct 28 (IANS) Pakistan has accused India of not being serious about the composite dialogue process because “it never did what it said”. The process was initiated in 2004 between the two countries to settle contentious issues.
During a weekly briefing at Foreign Office here Thursday, spokesman Abdul Basit said, “India only wants to blame Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) of everything without backing it with any proof.”
“They have an obsession to find scapegoats,” he opined.
The spokesman urged India to “share the details of Samjhauta Express terrorist attack with Pakistan”.
At least 68 people died in February 2007 in the terror strike on the Samjhauta Express that was running between Pakistan’s Lahore city and Indian capital Delhi.
Indian authorities had accused Pakistani banned militant outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba of carrying out the Samjhauta massacre but the charges were never proved.
“They accused ISI of the Samjhauta tragedy but it proved to be a mere allegation later,” Abdul Basit said.
To a question about tense relations with neighbouring Afghanistan, Basit said, “Pakistan believes in peace and stability in Afghanistan because it will also help bring peace locally.”
Afghanistan has been accusing Pakistan of causing instability because militants were allegedly crossing the porous border regularly.
On the recently held round of strategic dialogue with the US in Washington, he said the US “is helping Pakistan in almost every sphere”.
“It is not appropriate to say that we have failed in acquiring civil nuclear technology.”
(Awais Saleem can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Pakistan denies receiving new proposals from India - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistan says no to US drone strikes in Balochistan - Nov 20, 2010
- Don't drag ISI into 26/11 trial, says Pakistan - Nov 25, 2010
- 26/11 attackers must be punished: Pakistan foreign minister - Nov 26, 2010
- WikiLeaks expose: Pakistan in damage control mode - Jul 28, 2010
- Dialogue with India key to peace: Pakistan PM - Oct 22, 2010
- India should share Samjhauta Express blast probe with Pak without further delay: Basit - Jan 14, 2011
- Pak FO launches diatribe over "ISI-obsessed India's rhetoric and blame game" - Oct 29, 2010
- US envoy apologises to Pakistan for helicopter raid (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Hey, Obama didn't mention us, notes Pakistani media (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- US diplomat in Peshawar leaves charge after Taliban threat - Dec 11, 2010
- Al Qaeda, Taliban have joined hands in Pakistan: Malik - Nov 21, 2010
- Present suspects who tried to kill Musharraf: Pakistan court (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010
- Nine convicted for murder of Pakistan Army's surgeon general - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,