India, Myanmar ink a dozen agreements (Lead)May 28th, 2012 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Nay Pyi Taw, May 28 (IANS) India and Myanmar Monday signed 12 agreements, including on a $500 million credit line, border area development and air services.
The agreements were signed after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh held wide-ranging talks with President Thein Sein at Myanmar’s new capital.
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed on a $500 million credit line between Export-Import Bank of India and the Myanmar Foreign Trade Bank.
Both countries also signed pacts on India-Myanmar border area development and an air services agreement.
There were MoUs for setting up the Myanmar Institute of Information Technology and the Advance Centre for Agriculture Research and Education, Yezin Agriculture University.
A rice bio park, establishing border haats and setting up a joint trade and investment forum were covered as well.
There will also be a cultural exchange programme for 2012-15.
India and Myanmar entered into an agreement of cooperation between the Institute of Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) and the Myanmar Institute of Strategic and International Studies (MISIS).
Besides, there were pacts between Calcutta University and Dagon University, Yangon, and between the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) and MISIS.
- Manmohan, Thein Sein embark on 'new journey' (Third Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - May 30, 2012
- India, Myanmar ink 12 agreements - May 28, 2012
- India, Myanmar to be better connected, have more trade (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Ahead of PM's visit India-Myanmar bus cleared - May 24, 2012
- India eyes trade, connectivity during PM's Myanmar visit - May 25, 2012
- India, Myanmar forge think-tanks' links - May 28, 2012
- PM's Myanmar agenda: Imphal-Mandalay bus link, trade (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- PM holds talks with Myanmar President Thein Sein (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- India, Myanmar sign MoU on border security cooperation - Jan 22, 2012
- Trade, connectivity top PM's Myanmar agenda - May 24, 2012
- India lauds Myanmar's reforms, pledges $500 mn for projects (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Krishna lands in Myanmar capital - Jun 21, 2011
- Myanmar, India to speed up renovation of Arnanda Pagoda - Apr 27, 2011
- India unveils $500 mn for Myanmar, to expand security ties - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: agriculture research, agriculture university, bank of india, border area, calcutta university, dagon, defence studies, export import bank, export import bank of india, haats, idsa, investment forum, line border, manmohan singh, memorandum of understanding, myanmar border, pacts, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, thein