India keen to send panel to Pak to question 26/11 suspectsDecember 23rd, 2010 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) With Pakistan dragging its feet over the Mumbai attacks probe, India is keen to send a panel to Islamabad to question top Lashkar-e-Taiba mastermind of 26/11, including Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, and get voice samples of those directing the carnage. India has conveyed to Pakistan its desire to send such a commission to Islamabad, government sources said.New Delhi wants to question Lakhvi and six other suspects who were arrested and charged under Pakistani anti-terrorism laws in November 2009, said the sources.
New Delhi thought of this fresh proposal in view of Islamabad’s constant stonewalling of the 26/11 probe, which is proceeding “painfully slowly”, said the source.
During his visit to Islamabad in June, Home Minister P. Chidambaram was understood to have sought voice samples of all the Mumbai terror attacks accused who are based in Pakistan.
The government here also conveyed that it was looking closely at Pakistan’s request to allow a Judicial Commission from Pakistan to record and verify the statements of judicial and investigating officers who had recorded the confessional statement of Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving gunman of the Mumbai terror attacks.
- India welcomes Pakistan judicial commission's visit - Nov 05, 2011
- Mumbai attack: Indian envoy meets Pakistani minister - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan waits for Indian response over judicial panel - Nov 20, 2011
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- Enough 26/11 evidence shared with Pakistan: India - Jul 18, 2012
- Two dates proposed for India-Pakistan home secretary talks - Feb 21, 2011
- India to seek extradition of 26/11 accused from US, Pakistan - Jan 30, 2012
- Pakistani commission to visit India in 26/11 case (lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- 26/11 attack: Pakistani judicial panel to visit India - Jan 20, 2012
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistan says Kasab should be hanged, but hedges on Hafiz Saeed - Nov 10, 2011
- LeT 'major general', two ISI men were in 26/11 control room: Jindal - Jul 02, 2012
- Pakistan judicial commission leaves for New Delhi - Mar 19, 2012
- Home ministry gives nod to charges against Headley (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: ajmal, carnage, confessional statement, desire, government sources, gunman, home minister, India, judicial commission, lashkar e taiba, mastermind, mumbai, New Delhi, p chidambaram, pakistan, proposal, stonewalling, terrorism laws, ur, voice samples