India, China looking to cooperate in energy sectorApril 14th, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Sanya (China), Apr 14(ANI): Ahead of the BRICS summit in China’s resort town of Sanya, where Indian Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will be meeting Chinese President Hu Jintao, a senior Indian diplomat has said that new and renewable energy sources are expected to be one area where the two neighbours can cooperate to their mutual benefit.
“We hope to discuss it at our first Strategic Economic Dialogue, slated for this year,” the China Daily quoted Indian Ambassador to China, S. Jaishankar, as saying.
When China’s Premier Wen Jiabao made a three-day visit to India in December, among the many deals made was an agreement on starting a Strategic Economic Dialogue to coordinate macro-economic policies.
According to Ambassador Jaishankar, India’s 12th Five Year Plan (2012-2016) calls for generating more power through renewable sources such as wind and solar power.
At the same time, China’s 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015), focuses on a greener approach to economic growth.
In responding to the comment that China and India have found themselves at odds with each other over a range of issues in the past, Jaishankar said that it is not necessary to be “overly fixated on competition”.
“I recommend that the two look at the results of their cooperation to get a more balanced picture. The last 10 years have been particularly impressive,” Jaishankar said. (ANI)
- India, China to hold economic dialogue Monday - Sep 23, 2011
- India, China to hold maiden strategic economic dialogue - Sep 25, 2011
- India, China to coordinate on border affairs - Apr 13, 2011
- BRICS countries' ministers hold meeting - Apr 13, 2011
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- Krishna meets China's would-be PM - Jun 06, 2012
- India, China set to hold first strategic economic dialogue - Sep 01, 2011
- India, China to deepen investment, open up markets - Sep 26, 2011
- India, China set trade target of $100 bn by 2015 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Ahluwalia to lead India-China strategic economic dialogue - Sep 23, 2011
- India, China eyeing intensifying partnership, continue boundary talks - Apr 14, 2011
- BRICS Summit - Facts at a glance - Mar 28, 2012
- India, China move to resolve disputes, increase trade (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2011
- Ties with China stable, says India - Apr 12, 2011
- Manmohan off to China, Kazakhstan to meet world leaders (Lead) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,