India, China eyeing intensifying partnership, continue boundary talksApril 14th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Apr 14(ANI): India and China have reaffirmed their resolve to maintain peace and stability in border areas until the dispute is finally settled.
During their meeting on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Sanya, Indian Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao said that the two emerging economies need to properly deal with their differences and continue the boundary talks to find solutions that are acceptable to both sides.
Dr. Singh said that he is in Sanya to “reaffirm that strategic and cooperative partnership that we have with China is something which is very dear to us. We are very keen in intensifying (the partnership) in every possible way”, the China Daily reports.
Citing Sino-Indian cooperation on major international issues, the Indian Prime Minister said: “It is my fondest hope that we expand our areas of cooperation between our two countries”.
Meanwhile, Hu said that the Sino-Indian relationship has gone beyond bilateral dimensions and taken on a global and strategic significance.
He further stressed that the “Year of China-India Exchange”, which was formally launched on Wednesday, must be used to expand cooperation and push bilateral ties to a new level.
The two leaders also discussed strengthening economic ties and agreed to enhance cooperation in the fields of infrastructure construction, information technology and investment. (ANI)
- Indian military delegation to visit China - Apr 27, 2011
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- India-China to hold joint military exercise soon - Apr 13, 2011
- Chinese daily foresees friendly India-China ties - Feb 21, 2012
- India, China to coordinate on border affairs - Apr 13, 2011
- India, China discuss border, to build trust - Mar 29, 2012
- India, China looking to cooperate in energy sector - Apr 14, 2011
- Manmohan Singh arrives in China for BRICS summit - Apr 12, 2011
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- PM arrives in China - Apr 12, 2011
- BJP MP praises Manmohan on BRICS, East Asia policy - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian military delegation to visit China (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Ahead of Hu's visit, India, China hold talks (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- Tibetans protest as India, China hold talks - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: bilateral ties, border areas, china daily, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, construction information technology, cooperative partnership, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, economic ties, emerging economies, hu jintao, india china, indian prime minister, infrastructure construction, manmohan, manmohan singh, peace and stability, president hu jintao, sanya