India beats Sri Lanka by 39 runs in only T20August 8th, 2012 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Pallekele, Aug 7 (IANS) India won the Twenty20 cricket match beating Sri Lanka by 39 runs at the Pallekele International Cricket here Tuesday.
Asked to bat first, India made 155 for three in 20 overs after crucial innings from Virat Kohli (68), Suresh Raina (34) and Ajinkya Rahane (21).
Sri Lanka managed 116 and were bowled out in 18 overs after Ashok Dinda bagged four for 19 and Irfan Pathan got three for 27.
Three quick strikes by Irfan left the Sri Lankan team reeling at 35 for three in the fifth over.
Mahela Jayawardene struck 26 up the order while Lahiru Thirumane (20) and Angelo Matthews (31) tried to stabilise the innings but Dinda was in great form and packed up the tail.
Pathan was again named Man of the Match after winning the award in the last ODI as well.
- India, Sri Lanka to resume ODI rivalry - Jul 20, 2012
- Sri Lanka bat against India - Feb 21, 2012
- India bat against Sri Lanka in first ODI - Jul 21, 2012
- Sri Lanka set India 290-run target (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- India opt to bat in second ODI - Jul 24, 2012
- Sri Lanka bat in third ODI - Jul 28, 2012
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka put India in to bat - Mar 13, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out of Sri Lanka tour - Jul 04, 2012
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- India fall 51 short of target set by Sri Lanka (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Series win against Sri Lanka takes India to second spot - Aug 05, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs Sri Lanka, first ODI - Jul 22, 2012
- Scoreboard: Sri Lanka's innings in tri-series ODI - Feb 21, 2012
- Sri Lanka to bat against India in fifth ODI - Feb 14, 2012
- Zimbabwe opt to bowl against Sri Lanka - Mar 10, 2011