India allows Jaswant Singh to visit PakistanSeptember 6th, 2009 - 3:24 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 6 (IANS) The Indian government has allowed expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Jaswant Singh to visit Pakistan Sep 26 to promote his book “Jinnah: India, Partition and Independence”, a media report said.
He will arrive in Karachi Sep 26, before heading to the Pakistani capital Sep 27 to attend a launching ceremony of the book at the Islamabad Press Club.
The former Indian external affairs minister was expelled from the BJP for praising Pakistan founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah in his book “Jinnah: India, Partition, Independence”.
He is visiting the country on the invitation of Muhammad Yousuf, a prominent Pakistani publisher and owner of Mr. Books (bookstore) in Islamabad.
The Indian government granted security clearance to Jaswant Singh Saturday after several attempts and now he would reach Pakistan Sep 26, the Online news agency reported.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Jaswant book flies off Pak shelves - Aug 26, 2009
- Jaswant Singh to promote his book in Pakistan this week - Aug 26, 2009
- Vice presidential hopefull Jaswant Singh comes full circle - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh goes ga-ga over Jinnah in Pakistan - Apr 15, 2010
- Jaswant firm on Jinnah remarks - Apr 12, 2010
- Jaswant Singh not going to Pakistan, says son Manvendra - Aug 27, 2009
- Jaswant Singh will not visit Pakistan for book launch, says son - Aug 27, 2009
- Gadkari says Jaswant Singh's book issue a closed chapter for BJP - Jul 04, 2010
- Police swoop on sellers of Jaswant Singh's pirated book in Pak - Sep 18, 2009
- Three held in Pakistan with pirated editions of Jaswant's book - Sep 18, 2009
- Jaswant Singh blames Nehru, Patel for partition on Pak television - Aug 28, 2009
- Indo-Pak 'Berlin Wall' must be brought down: Jaswant Singh - Apr 14, 2010
- Gujarat bans Jaswant's book - Aug 20, 2009
- Sushma has a 'message' for Jaswant? - Aug 31, 2009
- Jaswant Singh's book to hit Pakistan in Dec - Nov 14, 2009
Tags: asian news, attempts, bjp, books bookstore, external affairs minister, india partition, indian government, indo, invitation, jaswant singh, launching ceremony, mohammed ali jinnah, muhammad yousuf, news agency, news service, pakistan islamabad, security clearance, snb