Imran Farooq may have been ‘followed’ on the day of murder: UK policeMarch 17th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 17(ANI): British police have released new CCTV images of slain Pakistani politician Imran Farooq, showing him in his final hours, and said that he may have been followed on the day of the attack.
“Investigations suggest that Dr Farooq may have been watched in the run up to the attack. This may have taken the form of up to four Asian men in vehicles or on foot in the vicinity of Dr Farooq’s home at Green Lane, at different times of the day,” the Metropolitan Police said.
Farooq, a founding member of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), died from stab wounds and head injuries after attackers pounced on him as he returned from work on September 16, 2010.
The new images released by the police show Farooq at Edgware Underground station on the morning of his death as he travelled to work. He is then seen at a supermarket in Old Street before he got on the Northern Line from Old Street Underground station back to Edgware.
The final pictures show him leaving the station and walking down Station Road toward his home. Images taken from a camera on the 204 bus show him on Station Road less than 10 minutes before he was attacked.
Officers also revealed details of two vehicles seen in the vicinity of Green Lane and outside Farooq’s home at the time of the murder.
The first vehicle is described as a silver seven-seater people carrier, with green minicab stickers in the window, while the driver, and the only occupant, is described as an Asian man between the ages of 32 and 40.
“Police also want to trace the rider of a dark coloured moped or scooter which was seen in Grove Road and Green Lane, and whose rider was described as a man wearing a black jacket and black helmet with the visor up,” the Metropolitan Police said.
“It is believed that the scooter travelled away from the scene after the murder, driving north up Green Lane, with the people carrier directly behind it,” it added. (ANI)
- MQM leader Imran Farooq murdered outside his London home - Sep 17, 2010
- MQM chief murdered in London was about to join Musharraf's party - Sep 27, 2010
- Weapons used in Pakistani leader's murder found - Oct 01, 2010
- Brit sleuths recover weapons used in MQM leader's murder in London - Oct 02, 2010
- UK police arrest 'suspect' involved in MQM leader Imran Farooq's murder - Dec 10, 2010
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges - May 18, 2012
- MQM leader killed in London, tension in Karachi (Lead) - Sep 17, 2010
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- MI5 missed implicating 7/7 ringleader despite knowing his terrorist links, inquest told - Feb 03, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Games ties up Delhi traffic in snarls, not all complain - Sep 28, 2010
- MQM leader killed in London, trouble in Karachi (Second Lead) - Sep 17, 2010
- Security net thrown around Games venues - Sep 26, 2010
- Politician Imran Farooq was 'watched' before being stabbed - Mar 16, 2011
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,