I hope Supreme Court will do justice: MusharrafJuly 26th, 2009 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, July 26 (ANI): Expressing full faith in the judiciary, former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf has said he hopes the Supreme Court would do justice with him.
In an interview with a private television channel, Musharraf said: “I don’t know what will come my way in the future, but hope the Supreme Court will do justice.”
Musharraf, who has been summoned by the Supreme Court to explain the legality of imposing emergency in the country on November 3, 2007, said he has no personal grudge against Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
The former military ruler also criticized the PPP-led government for abolishing the local government system, saying the step has ‘disappointed’ him, The Daily Times reported.
Earlier, Musharraf, defending his action of dismissing Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry in March 2007, said the decision was absolutely ‘constitutional and legal’.
He also endorsed President Barack Obama’s views that the Zardari government is fragile and unable to address the country’s problems.
“At the moment yes. That is correct. That is happening,” said Musharraf. (ANI)
- Pakistan's apex court suspends Zardari lawyer - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan tycoon dares apex court chief justice - Jun 14, 2012
- Musharraf vows to return to Pak before mid-term elections - Dec 21, 2010
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan's judiciary: Chief Justice - Feb 07, 2011
- Image of independent judiciary necessary for Pakistan, says Pakistan's Chief Justice - Feb 06, 2011
- Pakistan apex court chief justice to be honoured - Apr 29, 2012
- Pakistan President, Supreme Court heading towards standoff? - Oct 17, 2010
- Judiciary can interfere if institutions cross limits: Pakistan Chief Justice - Sep 15, 2010
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- LHC calls for Pak Govt's report on plea seeking Musharraf's high treason charges trial - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court rejects appeal of duo sentenced to death in Musharraf attack case - Mar 31, 2011
- Gilani says govt has 'good relations' with 'perceived nemesis' Army and judiciary - Sep 29, 2010
- Gilani won't ask Switzerland to reopen cases against Zardari - Feb 10, 2012
- Musharraf will have to face Pak court in Benazir assassination case: Babar Awan - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: barack obama, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar mohammed chaudhry, faith, general pervez musharraf, government system, judiciary, lahore, local government, military ruler, mohammed, muhammad, pakistan, personal grudge, pervez musharraf, ppp, president general pervez musharraf, private television, supreme court, television channel