I have details of 13-point agreement between Benazir-Musharraf: RashidFebruary 6th, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 6 (ANI): Awami Muslim League chief Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has claimed that he has details of a 13-point agreement between Benazir Bhutto and former President Pervez Musharraf.
Talking to a private TV channel, the former minister said one of the points was a proposal by the former PPP chairwoman, which asked Musharraf to restore sacked Chief Justice Ifitkhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
Musharraf and Benazir had reached an agreement in July 2007, according to which he as civilian President, would deal with national security and foreign affairs, while Bhutto as Prime Minister, would act as the chief executive and exercise the remainder of the powers, said Asia Times.
The paper, a Hong Kong based publication said that it was also agreed that a ban on serving three consecutive terms as Prime Minister would be lifted and Bhutto will face no legal action on her return to Pakistan.
Both the UK and the US are said to have played a key role in having these understandings reached, the paper claimed.
Meanwhile, Senator Nabeel Gabool of Pakistan People’’s Party (PPP) said Bhutto had also agreed to provide safe passage to Musharraf after his exit from power.
He said Musharraf was asking for safe-passage from Bhutto through the dialogue.
He said that in 1971, General Yahya Khan had also asked Zulfikar Ali Bhutto to take over power and give him safe passage and now the present rulers are facing the same situation. (ANI)
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Musharraf approaching international powers to fob off Pak govt 'witch hunt' - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian peace delegation meets Sindh Chief Minister in Karachi - Mar 19, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- PPP a party of the masses, says Pakistani PM - Jun 25, 2011
- Dynastic politics a tragedy, says Pakistani daily - Apr 05, 2012
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's birth anniversary programmes cancelled - Jan 05, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistan's apex court suspends Zardari lawyer - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Zia's remnants trying to malign Zardari, children by using Benazir banner': PPP - Nov 24, 2010
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Musharraf to return home Jan 25 or 27 - Jan 06, 2012
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
Tags: ahmad, ali bhutto, asia times, awami, benazir bhutto, chairwoman, chaudhry, chief justice, civilian president, consecutive terms, former president, key role, lahore, muslim league, nabeel, pervez musharraf, private tv channel, safe passage, sheikh rashid, yahya khan