Hotel shaped like upside-down table tennis racket to be built in ChinaApril 5th, 2011 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 5 (ANI): The building of a new hotel shaped like an upside-down table tennis racket is being planned in China.
According to the Europe China Daily, the unique hotel will be located in a new sporting complex in the city of Huainan, in East China’s Anhui province.
The hotel will be 150 metres high and the shape of the handle at the top of the hotel will allow tourists to enjoy some sightseeing.
The rounded windows of the guest rooms will resemble the rubber surface of the racket.
Ping-pong, otherwise known as table tennis, is incredibly popular in China, and the local government in Huainan is developing the hotel as an investment project.
“An erected ping-pong racket has a perfect architectural shape for a hotel,” the Herald Sun quoted Jin Chang, director with Huainan Municipal Bureau of Sports, as saying.
Four buildings in the park are currently under construction, including buildings shaped like a football, basketball and volleyball.
Various sports games will be held in the stadiums over the next 20 years. (ANI)
- China to train foreign ping pong players - Dec 27, 2010
- Susan Sarandon turns table tennis entrepreneur - Jul 22, 2010
- I am still single, says Susan Sarandon - Jan 23, 2011
- Susan Sarandon filming Ping-Pong docu - Jun 29, 2010
- Susan Sarandon set to bring ping-pong club to London - Oct 16, 2010
- Chinese village kids dream of Olympic weightlifting - Apr 19, 2011
- Susan Sarandon single - Jan 23, 2011
- Indian basketball teams announced for Asian Beach Games - Jun 15, 2012
- London mayor in dock for claiming ping-pong to be of British origin - Sep 02, 2008
- Playing basketball, soccer staves off Osteoporosis - May 07, 2012
- Emma Watson embarrasses Harry Potter co-stars with table tennis skills - Jul 15, 2009
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- The latest hip pastime of Hollywood: 'nerdy' table tennis - May 17, 2009
- Table tennis keeping Keith Richards away from booze, fags - Oct 24, 2009
- Chinese building mocked as giant long johns - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: anhui province, china daily, east china, football basketball, herald sun, huainan, investment project, local government, melbourne, new hotel, ping pong racket, rubber surface, shape, sightseeing, sports games, stadiums, table tennis racket, tourists, unique hotel, volleyball