Honour killing: Man guns down sister in IslamabadJuly 20th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 20 (IANS) A man fatally shot his sister here after she confessed to have secretly got married, police said.
The man was upset over his sister’s secret marriage and in a fit of rage shot 19-year-old Motia Bibi, reported Dawn.
She spoke of her secret marriage following her family’s pressure to accept another man.
On Thursday, brother asked the reason behind refusing to get married and took her to a separate room. There she said she had married secretly.
A short while later, gunfire was heard and the family members went into the room only to find the girl lying in a pool of blood.
- Spurned lover kills four, self - Sep 03, 2012
- Husband agrees to treat wife as 'sister' - Jun 17, 2011
- Honour killing: Two Pakistani brothers held - Oct 17, 2011
- Five of family die in Pakistan avalanche - Mar 21, 2012
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Angered over no sons, man kills wife, daughter in UP - Aug 14, 2012
- Pakistani woman shot dead for spurning fiance - Dec 22, 2011
- Husband held for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Farmer kills daughter for refusing to marry chosen groom - Feb 20, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Police officer shot dead in Islamabad - Oct 15, 2011
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide four days after marriage - Feb 24, 2012
- Of Indian women changing with globalisation and time (With Image) - Jul 22, 2012