Hindraf detainee ”planted by govt” : Waytha MoorthyAugust 26th, 2008 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 26 (ANI): Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) leader P. Waytha Moorthy has accused Internal Security Act detainee K. Vasantha Kumar of being a government plant.
Waytha had alleged that Vasantha Kumar was planted by the Special Branch to infiltrate Hindraf.
“The two top government officials had confirmed that Vasantha Kumar was assigned to break up Hindraf lawyers and the organisation at the Kamunting detention camp,” Moorthy said.
Vasantha Kumar’’s wife, K. Vickneswary, however, has come out fighting in defence of her husband.
“It does not make sense for a Special Branch member to be detained under the ISA. The rumours have been around since the day he was arrested. It is only causing friction among the detained leaders, which would lead to the destruction of the movement,” said Vickneswary.
Vickneswary accused Waytha Moorthy of chickening out” of the rally by not posting bail when he was arrested along with Uthayakumar and V. Ganabatirau, another Hindraf member.
Police had arrested the trio on Nov 16 but Uthayakumar and Ganabatirau had posted bail and were released while Waytha Moorthy refused bail as a sign of protest and was sent to the Sungai Buloh prison. (ANI)
- Malaysian Indians urged to support Hindraf with low-key Diwali - Aug 26, 2008
- HINDRAF chief files RM 100 m libel suit against ten persons - Jan 01, 2010
- HINDRAF leader's wife says house has become home again with his return - Apr 06, 2009
- Arrested Hindraf coordinators wife says party leaders not helping her - Jul 02, 2008
- High drama as two Hindraf men are released (Lead) - Apr 05, 2009
- Hindraf leader plans to set up NGO for Malay-Indians - Jul 29, 2009
- Malaysian Indian loses court appeal over LTTE link charge - Mar 10, 2011
- HINDRAF leader 'used millions for personal use' - Aug 21, 2009
- Malaysian court rejects Hindraf detainee's appeal - Apr 21, 2009
- HINDRAF leaders among 13 ISA detainees to be freed - May 08, 2009
- Three HINDRAF leaders to face sedition rap - Jul 08, 2010
- Malaysian lawyer to sue Britain for independence wrongs - Jun 30, 2012
- Malaysian Court dismisses HINDRAF leader''s petition for release - Mar 11, 2009
- Malaysia frees three Hindraf leaders detained under ISA - May 10, 2009
- Banned Hindu outfit chief wants talks with Malaysian PM - Nov 26, 2009