Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan’s foreign ministerJuly 18th, 2011 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 18 (IANS) Hina Rabbani Khar will be the new foreign minister of Pakistan, a media report said Monday. Her elevation comes a week ahead of India-Pakistan talks to be held in New Delhi.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has sent a document regarding this to President Asif Ali Zardari, Geo News reported.
Khar was serving as the minister of state for foreign affairs.
Khar is scheduled to travel to New Delhi next week for foreign minister level talks.
The foreign minister’s position became vacant after Shah Mehmood Qureshi was left out of a cabinet reshuffle.
- Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan's youngest foreign minister (Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Hina Rabbani Khar may be sacked: Report - Apr 10, 2012
- 11 new ministers inducted in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- India-Pakistan talks signal hope, says daily - Jul 27, 2011
- Hina Rabbani Khar to be Pakistan foreign minister - Jun 23, 2011
- New era of cooperation with India: Khar - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistan cabinet may be reshuffled, expanded - Apr 13, 2012
- Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell Manmohan - Apr 08, 2012
- Post 26/11, a chronicle of India-Pakistan meetings - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani laud positive talks with India (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani hail positive talks with India - Jul 30, 2011
- Khar briefs Gilani about India talks - Jul 19, 2011
- Gilani, Kayani meet Zardari before he flies to India - Apr 08, 2012
- I am leaving Zardari league: Qureshi - Nov 15, 2011
- PPP leaders pick Makhdoom Shahabuddin as new PM (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, cabinet reshuffle, elevation, foreign affairs, foreign minister, geo news, gilani, india pakistan, islamabad, khar, mehmood, minister level, minister of state, New Delhi, pakistan talks, prime minister, qureshi, raza, yousuf