Highlights of Pakistan PM’s speechMarch 29th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by admin
(To go with Army back in barracks, talk with militants: Pakistan’s new agenda)
Islamabad, March 29 (IANS) Following are the highlights of Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani’s speech after getting an unopposed vote of confidence from the National Assembly, the lower house of parliament. * On Kashmir: “I want to assure my sisters and brothers in Kashmir that their sacrifices will not be ignored and Pakistan will make every effort to resolve the issue in accordance with their wishes.
“I believe that confidence building measures is excellent step but it should be in the right direction.
“We want friendly and peaceful relations with all our neighbours and the international community and want to resolve all issues with all countries,” he said without naming any country.
* On Pakistan army: “Ruling is the right of people which they give to their elected representatives … I urge upon the armed forces to call back all army officers from civilian organisations within two weeks.”
* On dealing with militants: “I request and invite all those who have any sort of differences with the government to come to the negotiation table and let’s resolve all the issues through dialogue.”
“I assure you that peace is the only solution to all problems and a ladder to development.”
- Amid forward movement, Manmohan, Gilani to discuss 'all issues' (Roundup) - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Pak trained militant underground groups to fight in Kashmir against India': Musharraf - Oct 05, 2010
- Musharraf admits that Pakistan trained militant groups against India - Oct 05, 2010
- India happy at 'forward movement in ties with Pakistan - Nov 05, 2011
- India must resume composite dialogue with Pakistan to resolve outstanding issues: Gilani - Jan 10, 2011
- Army back in barracks, talks with militants: Pakistan's new agenda - Mar 29, 2008
- Musharraf's 'Pak trained militants to fight in Kashmir' statement 'misunderstood': Spokesman - Oct 06, 2010
- Kashmiris' wishes paramount while resolving issue: Pakistan PM - Mar 29, 2008
- Musharraf does a volte-face on 'Pak trained militants to fight in Kashmir' statement - Oct 09, 2010
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan reverts to Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan to pitch Kashmir (Roundup) - Jul 03, 2012
- India announces 25 percent troop reduction in Kashmir; Army demurs (Second Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2011
- Home secretary says 25 percent troop reduction in Kashmir; Army demurs (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2011
- Protecting Pak's integrity to be priority during three-year extended term: Kayani - Nov 29, 2010
- Pak to continue moral, diplomatic support to Kashmiris - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: army officers, confidence building, house of parliament, kashmir, ladder, militants, national assembly, negotiation table, neighbours, new agenda, pakistan army, peaceful relations, prime minister, raza, right direction, sacrifices, sisters and brothers, vote of confidence, will make every effort, yousaf