Have Ajmal Kasabs associates been arrested in Karachi?February 9th, 2009 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Feb. 9 (ANI): Pakistani Intelligence agencies have claimed that they have arrested three men for their alleged links to Ajmal Kasab, the surviving terrorists involved in the November 26 to 29 terror attacks on Mumbai.
The Daily Times sources disclosed that Federal Investigation Agency in collaboration with other intelligence agencies had detained three men from different parts of Karachi for their alleged association with Kasab.
The detainees were reportedly taken to Islamabad where an investigation was in progress.
Earlier a private TV channel had claimed that the Pakistani dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks was ready and the PPP-led Government would file cases against five Pakistanis, including Ajmal Kasab, for planning the attacks.
The Interior Ministrys report into the Mumbai carnage is speculated to state that the attacks were not planned in Pakistan or India, but in a European country.
They also said that cases would be filed against five Pakistanis, including Kasab, for planning the Mumbai attacks.
The conspiracy was hatched outside Pakistan. But Kasab and his accomplices used Pakistan territory by using Internet lines of the country. But no Pakistani official was involved. There will be legal action against Kasab and others in Pakistan. Pakistan may also want access to Kasab for investigation.
Meanwhile, the Defence Committee of the Cabinet (DCC) would meet on Monday and review the investigation report prepared by the Pakistani authorities on the information provided by India on Mumbai attacks. (ANI)
- Pakistan files case against Kasab, 13 others - Feb 11, 2009
- Pakistani prosecutors submit 26/11 evidence in court - Jul 09, 2011
- India to seek extradition of 26/11 accused from US, Pakistan - Jan 30, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- Pak to file cases against Kasab, others for planning Mumbai attacks - Feb 09, 2009
- Home ministry gives nod to charges against Headley (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Kasab, aides planned to return to Karachi, SC told - Feb 16, 2012
- 26/11 Indian mastermind held, Mumbai police seek custody (Roundup) (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- NIA charges against Headley, Pakistani terrorists soon - Dec 05, 2011
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- No decision on joining US lawsuit against ISI: Chidambaram - Jun 01, 2011
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- 26/11 justice elusive, India-Pakistan talks on ice - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: accomplices, carnage, collaboration, conspiracy, dcc, defence committee, detainees, federal investigation, internet lines, investigation agency, investigation report, pakistan territory, pakistani authorities, pakistani intelligence agencies, pakistanis, private tv channel, terror attacks, terrorists, three men, using internet