Haryana to have another Sainik SchoolJune 18th, 2008 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
Gurgaon, June 18 (ANI): Minister of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh today declared here that Haryana will soon have another Sainik School.
The new Sainik School, the second in Haryana, will be set up in Rewari District.
He said the Government of Haryana has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Defence to open the Sainik School in village Tappa Gothra Khori.
The Sainik School in Rewari District will fulfill a long pending demand of the inhabitants of this region.
It will also enable the youth of the region to avail of the excellent educational facilities and discipline inculcated in Sainik Schools, he added.
The minister said that southern Haryana has always been the traditional recruitment ground for Defence Forces for many years.
Sainik Schools are established under the Sainik School Schemes on receipt of a specific request from the State Government agreeing to accept and provide basic infrastructure and equipment including salaries and other major expenditure.
The total expenditure for setting up a Sainik School at current rates is about Rs. 25 crores. The recurring expenditure by the State Government is around Rs. 15 crores. The Ministry of Defence contributes by providing 3 Service Officers as Principal, Headmaster and Registrar, National Cadet Corpse (NCC) Staff, Physical Training Instructor and a limited number of scholarships to the wards of Defence personnel studying in the Sainik School.
The Gram Panchayat has made available a 50 acres plot of land free of cost to set up the Sainik School at Tappa Gothra Khori village, Rao Inderjit Singh disclosed.
He added that till such time, the School building is constructed, temporary accommodation for the functioning of the School will be made available in the Primary School Building, Community Hall and Youth Hostel in Rewari Town.
The first Sainik School in Haryana was set up at Kunjpura in Karnal District in 1961. The states present Chief Minister Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda and the Chief of the Army Staff, General Deepak Kapoor are alumni of Sainik School, Karnal. (ANI)
- Haryana releases Rs.50 mn for new military school - Aug 07, 2010
- Antony to lay foundation stone of Sainik School - Aug 28, 2008
- Antony to lay foundation stone of Sainik School today - Aug 29, 2008
- Secondary education to be made universal too: President - Jul 24, 2010
- President to attend Sainik School golden jubilee - Jul 21, 2010
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Haryana to have new Sainik school - Jun 17, 2008
- Hooda detractors make themselves heard (Haryana Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Compulsory year-long NCC stint for youth? - Jun 09, 2011
- Gurgaon 'grooms' for daughters of Lalu Prasad, Sharad Yadav - Jan 11, 2012
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- NCC to grow, change training syllabus - Jul 05, 2012
- Three more Sainik Schools to come up, says minister - Jan 22, 2012
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Govt. to set up ex-servicemen commission soon - Aug 29, 2008
Tags: defence forces, defence production, educational facilities, government of haryana, gram panchayat, headmaster, inderjit singh, memorandum of understanding, minister of state, ministry of defence, national cadet, physical training instructor, plot of land, sainik school, sainik schools, tappa, temporary accommodation, traditional recruitment, wards, youth hostel