Haqqani to challenge probe panel reportJune 12th, 2012 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 12 (IANS) Minutes after a probe panel said that Husain Haqqani had written a memo that President Asif Ali Zardari feared a coup, Pakistan’s former envoy to the US tweeted that this “will be challenged by my lawyers”.
Haqqani tweeted: “One-sided proceedings of Commission that refused to hear me will be challenged by my lawyers.”
A secret memo that Zardari feared a coup after Osama’s killing was “real” and was written by former envoy to the US Husain Haqqani, said the probe panel report submitted to the Supreme Court Tuesday.
The ‘memogate’ commission’s report was submitted to a nine-member larger bench, reported Geo News.
Just four minutes after that tweet, he wrote: “Those who endorsed military dictators & allowed them 2 amend constitution cannot judge my -or anyone else’s-patriotism.”
Barely two minutes later, he tweeted: “Patriotism cannot be judged by those who bend over backwards 4 a foreign accuser but dont even hear Pakistani citizen’s version.”
The probe commission report also said Haqqani was not loyal to his country as he was living abroad.
The Supreme Court-appointed commission probed Pakistani American businessman Mansoor Ijaz’s claim to have last year delivered a secret memo to then US joint chiefs chairman Admiral Mike Mullen at the behest of Haqqani and the Pakistani government.
The memo said that Zardari feared a coup after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed last May by US commandos. The existence of the memo triggered a scandal and cost Haqqani his job.
- Haqqani indeed wrote secret memo to US: Probe panel (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Haqqani did write memo to US, says probe panel - Jun 12, 2012
- Pakistani official to meet Ijaz in London - Feb 19, 2012
- Provide security to Mansoor Ijaz: Pakistan judicial panel - Jan 24, 2012
- Zardari instucted Haqqani on memo: Ijaz - Feb 23, 2012
- Zardari 'will respect' parliament probe in memo scandal - Jan 07, 2012
- Memogate: Ijaz submits details of communications with Haqqani - Feb 24, 2012
- Court allows Haqqani to travel abroad - Jan 30, 2012
- Ijaz sticks to his coup claim in testimony from London (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- US think tank fears for Haqqani's life - Jan 10, 2012
- Haqqani seeks video testimony in Memo case - Mar 25, 2012
- BlackBerry phones of Haqqani, Ijaz to be tested - May 10, 2012
- Haqqani flies out of Pakistan - Jan 31, 2012
- Pakistan commission records Ijaz testimony - Feb 22, 2012
- Memo case: SC to hear Haqqani's plea Thursday - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: admiral mike mullen, al qaeda, american businessman, asif ali zardari, behest, bench, commandos, four minutes, geo news, joint chiefs chairman, memogate, military dictators, osama bin laden, pakistani government, patriotism, qaeda leader, scandal, secret memo, tweet, two minutes