Hamilton cares only about winning titlesAugust 26th, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 26 (ANI): Formula One leader Lewis Hamilton has warned his rivals that he only cares about winning the title.
Britains Formula One whizkid will not give a hoot if he fails to win any of the last six Grands Prix, as long as he is crowned world champion.
Hamilton reckons out-racing former McLaren teammate Fernando Alonso last year proved that he could mix it with the best, The Sun reported.
Now he wants his first drivers crown after extending his lead to six points by coming second to Ferraris Felipe Massa in Valencia on Sunday.
Hamilton, 23, said: Last year I showed I was not half-a-second slower than Fernando - as some people said I would be. They could have put me next to Michael Schumacher and I”d have showed I am not a No 2 driver even to him.
This year my only focus is winning the World Championship, he added. (ANI)
- Alonso is toughest rival, says Massa - Sep 14, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Hamilton fastest in Chinese GP first practice - Apr 13, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Hamilton leads McLaren resurgence - Jul 27, 2012
- Upgrades give Alonso a title shot: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Button wins Australian GP, Force India's Di Resta gets a point - Mar 18, 2012
- Hamilton says he has no deal to pull aside to help teammates - Jul 30, 2010
- Hamilton feeling 'phenomenal' after Montreal win - Jun 12, 2012