Halbrooke holds talks with Gilani, QureshiFebruary 10th, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb.10 (ANI): Richard Halbrooke, the United States special envoy to Pakistan and Afghanistan, met Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Tuesday here.
Halbrooke, who is on a four-day visit to take an account of the situation in the region, also met several other top officials and discussed US-Pak co-operation in the fight against terrorism with them.
According to the News, Islamabad sought an increase in the US aid being offered to the country for combating extremism in the region. It also asked for making the dialogue procedure between both the nations more effectual.
Pakistani officials asked Washington to halt the drone attacks inside its territory as they were making the situation more turbulent in the region.
Halbrooke was also told that the US led war on terror in Afghanistan was having a negative impact in Pakistans tribal areas, and was also inciting ill-feelings for the allied forces and US. (ANI)
- Holbrooke holds talks with Zardari - Feb 10, 2009
- CIA mulls targeting Pak envoys abroad as reprisal against Davis' continued detention - Feb 25, 2011
- US, Pak can only get back to business after amicable Davis issue resolution: Grossman - Mar 08, 2011
- Mullen arrives in Islamabad to iron out US-Pak differences - Apr 20, 2011
- Kayani, Qureshi to attend upcoming US-Pak strategic dialogue - Oct 08, 2010
- Zardari, Gilani meet to discuss Pak-US relations, Davis case - Feb 13, 2011
- Drone strikes are counter-productive: Gilani - May 02, 2011
- US, Pak working on resumption of bilateral strategic dialogue, high-level contacts - Mar 25, 2011
- Both US and Pak will fail in fight against terrorism if not together: Gilani - Apr 18, 2011
- Pak court indicts Raymond Davis for double murder - Mar 16, 2011
- Britain asks Pakistan to finish Haqqani network - Dec 02, 2011
- U.S. drone strikes kill 25 suspected militants in Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Pakistan demands drone technology from US - Jan 23, 2011
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Drone attack kills three in Pakistan - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, allied forces, dialogue, drone, extremism, foreign minister, ill feelings, mahmood qureshi, negative impact, pakistan, pakistani officials, prime minister, raza, shah mahmood, terrorism, tribal areas, war on terror