Hafiz Saeed’s “Jekyll and Hyde” act over religious leader’s assassinationJune 13th, 2009 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, June 13 (ANI): The Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed, who himself has apparently been involved in a number terrorist attacks, has condemned Friday’s suicide attacks on a mosque in Lahore in which Pakistan’s top religious scholar, Dr Sarfraz Naeemi Al-Azhari was killed.
In an apparent bid to gain public sympathy and represent himself as a humanitarian leader, Saeed denounced the terrorist attack, terming it as an ‘inhumane’ and ‘un-Islamic’ act.
Al-Azhari and three of his close companions were killed, while six others were wounded when a suicide bomber struck Lahore’s leading religious institution, Jaamia Naeemia, just after the Friday prayers.
The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman also expressed grief over Al-Azhari’s assassination. (ANI)
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- Pak Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore, Nowshera mosques attack - Jun 13, 2009
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI-F blames 'Raymond Davis network' for suicide attacks on Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- Mehsud booked for Pak religious scholar's murder - Jun 14, 2009
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan People's Party fails to persuade JUI-F to rejoin ruling coalition - Dec 16, 2010
- "Lobby opposed to religious circles" could have inspired Bhatti's murder: Fazl - Mar 05, 2011
- Fazl claims 9,000 Blackwater agents are operational in Islamabad - Feb 08, 2010
- Fazl vows not to let Shahbaz Bhatti's killing to be 'used against Islam' - Mar 06, 2011
- US mulling visa ban on supporters of Pak Punjab Governor Taseer's assassin - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: companions, fazl, grief, hafiz, hyde act, jamaat ud dawa, jamiat, jekyll and hyde, jud, lahore, mosque, public sympathy, religious institution, religious leader, religious scholar, saeed, sarfraz, suicide attacks, suicide bomber, terrorist attack