Hafiz Saeed’s detention verdict ready, LHC to make it public laterMay 30th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 30 (ANI): The hearing into the detention case of the banned Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has been completed, and the Lahore High Court has preserved its verdict which would made public later.
According to The News, secret documents related to Saeed were tabled before the court by the federal and provincial government in a closed door session.
Attorney General Sardar Latif Khosa said it was done because the documents were concerned with national security.
Saeed’s counsel AK Dogar, however, objected to close door proceedings of the court and demanded that the documents should be presented in an open session and in the presence of Saeed.
It may be noted that Khosa recently told the Lahore High Court (LHC) that the government had ‘enough material’ against the JuD leaders to prove that they have been involved in terror activities, but it could not produce it before a court of law. (ANI)
- JuD has links with Al-Qaeda: Pak Attorney General - May 30, 2009
- Pak has enough 'material' to keep JuD chief Hafiz Saeed under custody - May 31, 2009
- Pakistan links Hafiz Saeed's JuD to Al Qaida - May 30, 2009
- Pak Punjab Govt. to pursue Saeed case provided federal Govt. gives 'fresh' evidence - Jul 17, 2009
- Pakistan unlikely to defend Hafiz Saeed in 26/11 US lawsuit - Jan 14, 2011
- Hafiz Saeed seeks Pakistan government aid in Mumbai case - Jan 13, 2011
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed released in Pakistan (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Pak official discards government's claims of having 'enough proof' against Saeed - Jul 17, 2009
- Mumbai attack mastermind set free by Pakistan court (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Pak has 'enough material' against JuD, but could not produce it in court - May 28, 2009
- 'No exclusive US bounty for Hafiz Saeed' - Apr 29, 2012
- India, Israel behind US court summons against ISI chiefs, JuD leaders, claims Makki - Jan 19, 2011
- Hafiz Saeed challenges India to prove his involvement in 26/11 - Apr 25, 2011
- Lack of evidence helped Saeed walk free - Jun 07, 2009
- JuD head Hafiz Saeed wants Pak Govt to defend him in US court in Mumbai attack case - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: attorney general, dogar, hafiz, jamaat ud dawa, jud, khosa, lahore high court, latif, lhc, mohammad, national security, open session, presence, proceedings, provincial government, saeed, sardar, secret documents, terror activities