Gunmen kill 10 on Pakistan’s Independence DayAugust 14th, 2010 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 14 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed Saturday in an attack by unidentified gunmen in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, even as parts of the nation reeled under the havoc of floods on its Independence Day.
The militants fired indiscriminately at a passenger bus in Mach city, near Quetta, capital of Balochistan province, killing 10 people and injuring at least eight, Xinhua reported citing media reports.
The injured people and the bodies have been shifted to the civil hospital in Quetta.
Police have cordoned off the area where the attack occurred and launched a search operation.
No group has, however, claimed responsibility for the attack.
- 10 killed, eight injured in terror attack on passenger bus in Pakistan - Aug 14, 2010
- 11 die in Pakistan firing - Jul 30, 2011
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Five killed in Pakistan train attack - Aug 28, 2011
- 29 Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2011
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Two dead in Pakistan stadium blast (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- 9 killed in wave of sectarian violence in Quetta - Sep 01, 2012
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- 8 killed, 15 injured in shooting attack in western Pakistan - May 07, 2011
- Militants gun down 18 bus passengers in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012