Growing number of Malaysian men turning to cosmetic surgeryAugust 22nd, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 22 (ANI): More and more Malaysian men are undergoing cosmetic surgery to look good in order to “hold on” to their partners, said doctors.
Some teenagers are also opting for double eyelids and ear pin procedures while some boys are choosing to go under the knife to reduce their “breasts”.
Consultant plastic and cosmetic surgeon Heng Kien Seng said he had seen a 15 percent increase in male patients in his clinic over the last one and half years while aesthethic physician Inder Kaur said men made up 35 percent of her clients.
“It’s a competitive world out there. Women are doing it and unlike before, they are not submissive. They can change partners.
“So the men also have to enhance themselves and look better for their partners,” the Star Online quoted Heng as saying.
“The men come for botox, filler, lasers, buttock implants, liposuction, to remove eye bags and even to sculpt a six-pack abdomen and the perfect male body,” he said.
He also said about 5 percent of his male clients are gay.
Teenagers below 18 are now also going for cosmetic surgery and procedures like botox, nose jobs, double eye lids, ear pins, liposuction and even breast augmentation.
“Parents are more aware of the competition out there. They bring their children for enhancements to put them in same or higher category than their peers,” said Heng.
“The trend has changed in a certain way. Cosmetic surgery has become accepted and the younger age group has been coming in,” he added. (ANI)
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- Boob job boom - courtesy Cougars - Jun 19, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Recession hurts US plastic surgery industry - Apr 28, 2010
- Help at hand for men with enlarged breasts - Feb 04, 2011
- Looking young with dermal fillers - Sep 13, 2011
- Growing number of North American teens turning to cosmetic surgery - Jun 19, 2010
- Cosmetic surgery cases surge in India - Oct 04, 2009
- Turn the clock around, gift your dad cosmetic treatment (June 17 is Father's Day) - Jun 15, 2012
- World record holding plastic surgery star now votes for 'natural look' - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: abdomen, botox, breast augmentation, buttock implants, competitive world, cosmetic surgeon, cosmetic surgery, double eyelids, ear pin, ear pins, eye bags, eye lids, gay teenagers, kien, kuala lumpur, lasers, male clients, male patients, nose jobs, six pack