Greg Normans ex-wife buys luxury estate in New York out of divorce millionsNovember 12th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 12 (ANI): Golfing legend Greg Normans wife, Laura Andrassy, is buying a luxury estate in New Yorks exclusive Hamptons.
Andrassy received over 150-million- Australian dollar divorce settlement from Norman.
She waged a bitter two-year public divorce battle with the Great White Shark, is in contract to pay 11.3 million dollar for a 0.92-acre property on a leafy lane in Southhampton, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The former flight attendant will be pumping millions more into the property as she plans to tear down the 325sqm house to build her dream home on the block, which is close to the ocean.
Andrassy must have bargained hard for the prime land, with the 58-year-old scoring a price cut of almost two million dollars from the propertys price of 13.1 dollar million when it was listed a month ago.
The buy is an upgrade for Andrassy, who bought a house in Southampton - which was further from the ocean than her new purchase - last year for 5 million dollar.
The Hamptons are a well-known playground for the rich who own summer homes there.
Andrassy’’s high-profile neighbours include fashion designer Calvin Klein, supermodels Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford, musicians Paul Simon and Mariah Carey, comedian Jerry Seinfeld and actors Tom Hanks, Alan Alda and Alec Baldwin.
Andrassy also owns a mansion in the jet-set Florida enclave of West Palm Beach, which she bought in January last year for 4.7 million dollar.
Andrassy married Norman in July 1981 after meeting him on a flight. Norman called off the marriage during a phone call to his wife in early 2006 while she was in Italy on holiday with their daughter.
Their divorce was one of the most acrimonious celebrity splits in recent time.
The battle ended in July this year when Andrassy won 154 million dollar in cash and assets, Florida court records showed. (ANI)
- Kevin Rudd buys $3.1m holiday house at Castaways Beach - Feb 16, 2011
- Golfer Greg Norman's sister calls his ex-wife Evert 'dominating' - Jul 19, 2010
- Greg Norman's ex-wives 'hurt over his new relationship' - May 10, 2010
- Madonna 'set to buy NY horse farm' - Dec 11, 2009
- Norman, Evert marriage was doomed from start: Ex-wife - Oct 04, 2009
- Golfer Greg Normans ex-wife wants money earned from his wedding to Evert - Aug 07, 2008
- Madonna plans to buy horse farm in New York - Dec 11, 2009
- `Evert's presence could have helped me to win more tournaments,' says Norman - Jul 20, 2009
- Tiger Woods's ex-wife buys house worth $12 mn - Mar 20, 2011
- Oz golfer Greg Norman ties the knot for third time - Nov 13, 2010
- Greg Norman's former wives speak out on his latest engagement - Oct 19, 2010
- Norman asked to cut Florida mansion sale price by 27 mln dollars - Nov 19, 2008
- Madonna buys horse ranch for 6 mn pounds! - Dec 30, 2009
- Dennis Hopper's widow files $45M creditor's claim - Oct 13, 2010
- Norman finds new love after divorcing Evert - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: alan alda, alec baldwin, andrassy, celebrity splits, christie brinkley, cindy crawford, comedian jerry seinfeld, daily telegraph, divorce battle, divorce settlement, florida court, great white shark, jerry seinfeld, luxury estate, prime land, public divorce, tom hanks, west palm beach, white shark, wife laura