Government to take up 15 SEZ proposals todayJune 4th, 2008 - 10:40 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 4 (ANI): The Government will consider 15 new proposals for Special Economic Zones (SEZ), including 11 information technology and electronic hardware projects here today.
The government has so far approved 428 SEZs, out of which 222 have been notified.
The meeting of the Board of Approval (BoA) of the SEZs will be chaired by Commerce Secretary Gopal Pillai.
Proposals of Larsen and Toubro (L&T) and Deccan Infrastructure and Land Holdings are likely to be considered during the meeting.
Listed on the agenda are six information technology and information technology enabled services (ITeS) zones by Deccan Infrastructure in Andhra Pradesh, and L&T’s proposal for a 15-hectare information technology zone in Gujarat.
The BoA will further consider conversion to formal approval, the in-principle nod to SEZ proposals of Gremach Infrastructure Equipments and Projects, Maharashtra Industrial Development Co-operation (MIDC) and Essel Infraprojects in Maharashtra. (ANI)
- Maharashtra axes four SEZs after local opposition - Jul 31, 2012
- Seven SEZ projects approved - Apr 09, 2010
- Ten special economic zones get government nod - Feb 23, 2009
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- DLF sells Pune SEZ - Dec 28, 2011
- Government clears West Bengal steel special economic zone - Sep 22, 2008
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- Honeywell Technology allotted land in Madurai SEZ - Dec 24, 2010
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- Government approves four IT SEZs - Mar 20, 2008
- Govt okays 11 special economic zones - Sep 16, 2010
- Karnataka moves to set up IT investment region near Bangalore - Jul 15, 2010
- L&T Infra gets infrastructure finance company status - Jul 08, 2010
- 23 SEZ proposals cleared - Jun 05, 2008
- After Mumbai, Pune to get Metro - Jun 07, 2012