Gilani’s son’s punch spoilt Sania-Shoaib’s ‘walima’ reception at LahoreMay 1st, 2010 - 12:08 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May.1 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s son Abdul Qadir Gilani was at the helm of the ruckus created during cricketer Shoaib Malik and Indian Tennis ace Sania Mirza’s ‘walima’ reception here, following which the newly married couple along with other family members had to leave the venue early.
According to Geo News, the chaos witnessed at the reception party had actually started when Gilani junior punched an unknown person who was trying to approach him for a photo opportunity.
A video clip received by the news channel shows Gilani’s son pushing the unidentified man, which gave way to further commotion at the party.
Earlier, media reports said that the function ended abruptly after the banquet hall swelled with people and it became difficult for the security personnel to control the crowd.
Apart from Gilani junior, several high profile guests, including Punjab Governor Salman Taseer and federal population welfare minister Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan attended the party.
Similar scenes were seen during the reception ceremony at Sialkot, Shoaib’s hometown, which was organised at a hockey stadium, as more than 2000 people turned up for the function against the 1000 invitees.
In their bid to prevent ‘uninvited guests’, private security guards present outside the reception venue did not even allow some of Shoaib’s relatives and friends to enter the stadium, which gave way to a heated argument between both sides. The matter was resolved only after some other family members intervened. (ANI)
- Chaos, mismanagement forces Shoania, family to flee 'walima' reception hall - Apr 28, 2010
- 1,000 guests and a single dish at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 28, 2010
- Petition filed against Shoaib for allegedly selling reception invitation cards - Apr 27, 2010
- Gilani sending 'special gift' for celebrity couple Sania-Shoaib - Apr 09, 2010
- Pakistani minister presents crown to Sania Mirza (Lead) - Apr 16, 2010
- Pakistan minister to represent country at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 15, 2010
- Pakistan information minister resigns - Dec 25, 2011
- Over 1200 guests expected to attend Shoaib-Sania 'walima' reception in Lahore - Apr 21, 2010
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan's judiciary free, independent, says minister - Aug 01, 2011
- Gilani heading 45-member delegation for India 'cricket diplomacy' visit - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani rejects information minister's resignation (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- 'Walima' on Apr 25, reception on Apr 27 for 'just married' Shoaib-Sania - Apr 20, 2010
- Verdict inappropriate, says Gilani - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistani information minister quits over PPP 'attitude' (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: abdul qadir, ashiq, awan, federal population, geo news, gilani, hockey stadium, indian tennis, photo opportunity, private security guards, profile guests, reception ceremony, reception party, sania mirza, shoaib malik, sialkot, tennis ace, uninvited guests, walima, yousuf