Gilani’s son, named in drug scam, returns from South AfricaApril 22nd, 2012 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 22 (IANS) Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s son has cut short his honeymoon and returned from South Africa after he was named as an accused in the Rs.7 billion scam of illegal sale of ephedrine, a controlled substance used in medicines, a media report said Sunday.
Ali Musa Gilani arrived home Saturday night from South Africa, Geo New reported.
He had gone to South Africa for his honeymoon.
Gilani Thursday directed his son to cut short his trip to South Africa after was named as one of the accused in the pharma scam in a petition filed in the Supreme Court.
The Anti Narcotics Force (ANF) named eight accused in its petition, including Musa Gilani, the prime minister’s principal secretary Khushnood Lashari and drug controller Sheikh Ansar.
The Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) has expanded the scope of its investigations to the Prime Minister’s House and sought details of visitors.
On April 9, the government removed two ANF officials who were investigating the scam of illegal sale of ephedrine.
The scam came to light when the ANF informed a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court that the ephedrine quota worth Rs.7 billion was given to two Multan-based companies under pressure of an influential person.
- Former Pakistani PM's son arrested - Sep 14, 2012
- Gilani's son named in drug scam - Apr 19, 2012
- Drug scam: Pakistan faces medicine shortage - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistan must check drug trafficking: daily - May 17, 2012
- Drug scam: Details of visitors to Gilani's home sought - Apr 17, 2012
- Gilani's son in Rs.7 bn drug scam? - Mar 30, 2012
- Shahabuddin, Gilani's son face arrest (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Shahabuddin dropped, Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP's new PM hopeful (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Arrest warrants issued against Shahabuddin, Gilani's son - Jun 21, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan prime ministerial hopeful Makhdoom Shahabuddin - a brief profile - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistani daily seeks impartial probe in drug scam - Apr 18, 2012
- Gilani's son 'on the run?' - Apr 12, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Shahabuddin gets bail in Pakistan drugs quota case - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: bench, controlled substance, gilani, honeymoon, influential person, islamabad, medicines, multan, musa, narcotics, petition, prime minister, principal secretary, quota worth, raza, saturday night, sheikh, south africa, worth rs, yousuf