Gilani visits Benazir graveJune 21st, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 21 (IANS) Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who was ousted from power by the Supreme Court, Thursday visited the grave of Benazir Bhutto to pay tributes to her on her 59th birth anniversary.
Gilani was accompanied by Pakistan Peoples Party chairman and Bhutto’s son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, to the grave in Garhi Khuda Bux in Sindh province, Geo News reported.
The two leaders, who were joined by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, placed floral wreaths at the grave.
President Asif Ali Zardari, the husband of late Bhutto, offered a special plane to Gilani to facilitate his travel.
Garhi Khuda Bux village is known for the burial place of the entire Bhutto clan, including that of Zulfiqar, Murtaza, and Benazir Bhutto.
Benazir Bhutto was killed in a bombing incident in December 2007 as she left a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, just ahead of the scheduled Pakistani general election of 2008 in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
- Zardari hails Bhutto, recalls Simla pact - Jan 05, 2012
- Bilawal Bhutto 'secretly' studying law in Britain - Jul 06, 2012
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's 30th death anniversary observed - Apr 04, 2009
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: ali shah, benazir bhutto, birth anniversary, burial place, bux, chief minister, floral wreaths, general election, geo news, june 21, murtaza, opposition candidate, pakistan peoples party, pakistani prime minister, party chairman, qaim ali, rawalpindi, sindh province, tributes, zulfiqar