Gilani to visit France to discuss security, tradeMay 2nd, 2011 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 2(ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani will embark on a four-day official visit to France on Tuesday to hold discussions with French leadership on a range of issues, including security and trade.
It would be Gilani’s first official visit to France where he will meet French President Nicolas Sarkozy and Prime Minister Francois Fillon, besides interacting with the business community.
Gilani’s meeting with Sarkozy will focus on bilateral, regional and international issues and relations between the two countries in the changing international scenarios.
The meeting will be followed by a joint news conference.
Pakistan and France are likely to sign a joint declaration on security cooperation and economic partnership, the Daily Times reports.
The two countries are also expected to ink a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to establish the Pakistan-France Joint Business Council.
The purpose of the MoU is to strengthen trade linkages in the fields of energy, telecommunication, infrastructure development, banking, environment, waste management and defence. (ANI)
- Pakistani PM to visit France - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan, France ink pact to promote science - Dec 22, 2011
- Sarkozy accepts French PM's resignation - May 11, 2012
- France keen to further develop ties with Pakistan - Jan 30, 2012
- France to invest $13 billion in India by 2012 - Dec 06, 2010
- Pakistan, Turkmenistan ink five accords - Nov 15, 2011
- India, France sign agreements in education sector - Dec 06, 2010
- India, France broaden arts cooperation - Jan 31, 2012
- Kidnapped French journalists released in Afghanistan - Jun 30, 2011
- Sarkozy supports India's bid for permanent UNSC seat - Dec 04, 2010
- Sarkozy-Manmohan hold talks, agreements expected (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Sarkozy-Manmohan begin talks, agreements to be signed - Dec 06, 2010
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- Manmohan, Thein Sein embark on 'new journey' (Third Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Sarkozy wants more Indians to learn French - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: business council, economic partnership, environment waste, francois fillon, french leadership, french president nicolas, french president nicolas sarkozy, infrastructure development, islamabad, memorandum of understanding, mou, news conference, nicolas sarkozy, president nicolas sarkozy, prime minister francois fillon, security cooperation, security trade, telecommunication infrastructure, trade linkages, yousaf