Gilani to invite Pakistan cricketers to acknowledge World Cup performanceApril 1st, 2011 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, April 1(ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani will invite the national cricket team members to acknowledge their performance in the World Cup and making to the semi-final stage.
A spokesman for the Prime Minister House said that the gesture was to encourage the players for even better results in the future, the Daily Times reports.
He said that the semi-final match in Mohali on Wednesday provided a very useful opportunity to the leaderships of Pakistan and India to get together and discuss the whole gamut of bilateral relations.
Gilani had termed his interaction with the Indian leadership as a milestone for opening up a new chapter of good neighbourly relations and cooperation between the two countries, he added.
The spokesman said that the warmth and hospitality shown by the Indian leadership and people to the Pakistan Prime Minister, his entourage as well as to the visiting cricket team were reflective of the shared sentiments of goodwill between the two sides. (ANI)
- Gilani urges Pak team to show "best of sportsmanship and dedication to contest" - Mar 29, 2011
- Pak's World Cup cricketers get Rs one million each - Apr 12, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Intro Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Indo-Pak WC semi-final, not Kashmir, on Gilani's India visit agenda: Awan - Mar 29, 2011
- Manmohan, Zardari, Gilani to watch cricket -- for peace (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Night Intro) - Mar 26, 2011
- Indo-Pak cricket rivalry bigger than Ashes: Waqar - Apr 15, 2011
- Gilani congratulates Manmohan on India's World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- Gilani accepts Dr Singh's invitation to watch Indo-Pak WC match in Mohali - Mar 27, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to watch Mohali match, invites Pak President, PM to join - Mar 25, 2011
- Indian hockey team likely to tour Pakistan at 2011 end: Asif Bajwa - Apr 09, 2011
- Gilani to decide on Manmohan's Indo-Pak WC semi-final game invitation today - Mar 26, 2011
- Kashmir not on agenda during Gilani's India trip - Mar 29, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks between overs could help ease tensions: Daily - Mar 27, 2011
- IAF chopper to fly Gilani to Mohali - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: april 1, bilateral relations, entourage, final match, gamut, gesture, indian leadership, leaderships, milestone, mohali, national cricket team, new chapter, pakistan cricketers, prime minister, raza, sentiments, spokesman said that, team members, warmth, world cup performance