Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issueJanuary 12th, 2011 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.12 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani has asked the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) to provide constant support to it for realizing the Kashmiri people’s right to self-determination in accordance with the relevant UN resolutions.
The implementation of OIC resolutions on Kashmir, he hoped will help in mitigating the plight of Kashmiri people in the Indian-held Kashmir.
According to the Daily Times, Gilani expressed the hope that OIC’s Special Representative on Jammu and Kashmir would soon visit Pakistan Kashmir to express the solidarity of the OIC with the Kashmiri people.
Gilani is said to have conveyed this message to OIC Secretary-General Dr. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu during a meeting held here on Tuesday.
Gilani also thanked Ihsanoglu for the OIC’s decision to undertake the construction of 600 houses in six model villages for Pakistan’s flood victims.
He assured Ihsanoglu of Pakistan’s complete support for his initiative to form an Emergency Response Fund to help the member countries in case of natural calamities.
Referring to the proposal of hosting an International Contact Group meeting in Jeddah, Gilani stressed that Pakistan must be consulted. He appreciated the OIC’s efforts in promoting tolerance and harmony among various cultures and religions and in countering the Islamophobia in western countries.
The OIC secretary general thanked the prime minister for complete support to the OIC and for Pakistan’s vital role in furthering the Muslim causes around the world. (ANI)
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- OIC condemns Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- Pak to continue moral, diplomatic support to Kashmiris - Oct 10, 2010
- India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attack - May 29, 2009
- OIC Secy-Gen urges India to release Kashmiri leaders - Nov 07, 2008
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Islamophobia' a threat to global peace: OIC chief (Lead) - Oct 17, 2008
- Pakistan observes Kashmir Solidarity Day today - Feb 05, 2011
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- Good news on Kashmir soon: Gilani - Oct 17, 2010
- India rebuffs Pakistan's "unwarranted" attempt to raise Kashmir at UN - Oct 11, 2011
- OIC supports Kashmir's right to self determination - Oct 17, 2008
- Politicians in Pakistan united against any threat to democracy: Gilani - Sep 15, 2010
- Clinton meets head of OIC - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: contact group, ekmeleddin ihsanoglu, emergency response fund, flood victims, international contact, islamophobia, jammu, kashmir, member countries, model villages, natural calamities, oic secretary general, organization of islamic conference, plight, raza, self determination, solidarity, tolerance and harmony, western countries, yousaf